Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If Murray and his family are settled in this area and Palace are offering him more money then it's an ideal move for him.

The Albion is a job - he won't have the same feelings we do, both for the club and for Palace. They'll just be another employer for him.

It will add a lot more spice to Palace fixtures next season though - can't wait!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People need some sense of context about this though.

He HAS NOT agreed anything yet. Palace are looking at him and talking about an offer. That does not mean he will leave.

He is happy at the club, doing well, and going places. Chances are he will also get a tidy pay rise here, where he is settled.

I think he will STAY.

I ruddy hope you are right.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Its clearly agent talk.. If we are going to get this irate about 1 transfer rumour, I hate to think whats going to happen when the transfer window re-opens. It wont happen.

The source is obviously his agent and I would presume he must have an offer on the table from Palace. Now the agent knows Brighton's position next season (i.e in the Championship) he is seeing whether we will match (or better) the deal on the table, if we do I would have thought Murray would stay, as I can't think on the footballing side he thinks Palace will do well next season they have been near the bottom half of the Championship for a few seasons now and very much seem to be treading water, I mean if they have a bad end to this they can still go down (fingers crossed) wheras everything looks on the up for us.:amex:

Will be sad to see Glenn go (esp to Palace) but if he does that is Gus (and Tony's) choice not too pay him the dollar and in Gus I trust and knowing Gus he will get twice the player to replace Murray.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
As an aside and just so you know, the minute we came out of admin (July 10) we were debt free. That's how it works, the new owners buy the club and the deal includes a percentage to the creditors (1p in the £) who get paid immediately. Ours got the club and ground for approx £6milliion and start with no debt, no high earners hence making us one of the most financially stable clubs in the division - albeit without sugar-dady owners if you see what I mean?

You must be very proud

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Fair point. I tend to think the source is Murray's agent - presumably now promotion confirmed the club can begin negotiating and signing contracts on the basis of increased revenue. Would be the perfect time to release a story about a potential move to Palace to extract a grand or two more a week from Bloom.

Tony Bloom is no mug.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
if this is true then fair enough. footballers can do what they want if they are out of contract. but look at it this way:

selhurst or amex?
croydon or brighton?
ikea or the beach?
freedman or poyet?
team on the down or team on the up?
club with limited future or a club with massive potential?

whatever murray's decision... Poyet clearly knows what he's doing. In Gus we Trust!

New stadium on the way.
Nearer to London

Limited future... you haven't seen our academy then.

Owners with a total worth of over a billion pounds who have only had one transfer window to try and repair a team full of Burley's Ipswich mates.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Yes we see.

We see that you are dirty f***ing cheats who have f***ed over your creditors twice in recent years and are nowproudly 'financially stable'. That's what we see.
Can I just point out that this time we didn't put ourselves into administration as a way out, Agilo, whom we owed money to, put us into administration, despite the fact that Simon Jordan probably would have paid them back, they didn't want to wait. As it happens, they got less than had they waited, but it wasn't us, as it usually is with clubs in financial difficulties, who put ourselves in administration.

And it is not cheating, it is administration. We are not the only club to have done this, you know.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Whilst I would be dissapointed if Murray left, I'd also be glad that we're not going around offering silly wages. It's nice to know that the club is being run in the right way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have long though that Gus is totally unfazed by the fact that Glenn may move and I'm not sure that he's a massive fan either. They seem to have a weird relationship. I'd love to see Murray stay but if it's not bothering Poyet then I'd suggest maybe it shouldn't bother us??

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why on EARTH would he do that?

It's a sideways move at best, and quite possibly a move downwards, as the ownership and finances at Smellhurst have been rocky at best over teh last few years. They look like a team that will be scrambling around the bottom half of The Championship, while we will be sniffing around teh play-offs.

I really can't see this being true, but if it is, then good luck to you Glenn. You won't be the first to make a mistake leaving us, and you certainly won't be the last.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If Murray and his family are settled in this area and Palace are offering him more money then it's an ideal move for him.

The Albion is a job - he won't have the same feelings we do, both for the club and for Palace. They'll just be another employer for him.

It will add a lot more spice to Palace fixtures next season though - can't wait!

Nail. On. The. Head.

I do think he will end up staying though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here