Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The fact the SSN website is notoriously hard to navigate does not mean it has been removed. It clearly has not.

The players have been told of the ceiling for next season's wages.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
just constantly saying "skysports.com understands", he hasn't libelled anyone

Not necessarily; so long as it tends to lower the reputation of the individual in the mind of a reasonable person, it is libel. Even though this story does not meet that test, it would be a pretty reckless move for the journalist to just publish this without a grain of truth in it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well if this is true, I'd suggest that all you youngsters who have never really understood the dislike us older fans have for Palace, will now totally get it :lolol:

Will make for a supercharged atmosphere next season if true

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Baffled by people still saying this. The page has not been removed and still loads up fine at my end. Weird.

It has just started working for me. There definitely was a period where the links on the SS website were not working.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Anyway, I think its a wind-up, and the fact the story isn't showing is cos someone at Sky is looking into it.

that is just the crap new web design since Sky changed it a couple of weeks ago. Half the stories can't be retrieved then reappear then disappear again. Absolute shite!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
You don't get smoke without fire. The clubs current policy appears to be that contracts are reviewed at the end of the season (with the exception of El Abd).

While this is a risky business and does give players the opportunity to be free agents and cash in we will always have these rumours until the club change this policy.

Now is the time for the club to show there financial clout as we did with Bennett, if Gus wants to keep Murray they may have to change the current wage bill.

I can't see him going to the Palace they are in decline, attendances dropping and no desire to grow as a club unlike the Albion.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
anyway, page now suspiciously removed, so i can only imagine someone is checking sources...

No the page has always been there, just something else on there a bit buggy that is stopping it being displayed quickly.

I've no particular worries about him leaving, Gus is quite obviously not his biggest fan. He has has required a huge kick up the arse to satisfy his potential and still obviously isn't 100% committed to the club.

If he'd rather ply his trade in South London good luck to him, but I for one won't miss him.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I'm struggling to believe this will happen but if it does it just goes to show why Palace are in such a financial mess when they are prepared to throw stupid money in wages at a player we can easily replace. If we are prepared to table £1million bids for the likes of Hoskins then I am confident we can make similar bids for many other players equal to Muzza. I'll be temporarily gutted if he does leave but will be over it by the opening game at the Amex.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
If true, I hope that's the last we see of him in a Brighton shirt.

In any case we have the resources to buy better.

Really ? I would assume that if he were to leave then it would be for financial reasons ? Therefore. we are not going to be big payers in the Championship.

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
Its clearly agent talk.. If we are going to get this irate about 1 transfer rumour, I hate to think whats going to happen when the transfer window re-opens. It wont happen.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Not necessarily; so long as it tends to lower the reputation of the individual in the mind of a reasonable person, it is libel. Even though this story does not meet that test, it would be a pretty reckless move for the journalist to just publish this without a grain of truth in it.

Conversely, isn't exactly that what the tabloid journalists do each day, and are paid very high salaries for? Whilst NSC is going into meltdown over this, I barely think in the scope of this guy's career it would make much difference if he secretly posted one un-sourced story.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can't see him going to the Palace they are in decline, attendances dropping and no desire to grow as a club unlike the Albion.

Be that as it may, IF they are paying more as WJ alludes to then he will go. Its not rocket science.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Well if this is true, I'd suggest that all you youngsters who have never really understood the dislike us older fans have for Palace, will now totally get it :lolol:

Will make for a supercharged atmosphere next season if true

My thoughts, could all get a bit Danny Dyer, maybe Murray will be giving US the two fingered salute :laugh: .

True or not, can't feel bothered about it today, time for celebrating now not worrying about next year. We've got all Summer to worry about that!

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Your Wait Jabsco poster certainly seems in the know, not sure how reliable he is though as you might, but my first impression was that his agent was using us to force your chairman's hand.

D

Deleted member 18477

if this is true then fair enough. footballers can do what they want if they are out of contract. but look at it this way:

selhurst or amex?
croydon or brighton?
ikea or the beach?
freedman or poyet?
team on the down or team on the up?
club with limited future or a club with massive potential?

whatever murray's decision... Poyet clearly knows what he's doing. In Gus we Trust!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Really ? I would assume that if he were to leave then it would be for financial reasons ? Therefore. we are not going to be big payers in the Championship.

Yep - he will get a signing on fee.

We are not going to play players more than they are worth - there is a difference and we won't have a problem attracting players next season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The figure I was told was that the upper ceiling of our wages next season would be about another £2.5k on what he is already on. Palace are apparantly talking about offering his existing wage on top of that. Talking about though. No deal done yet.

I would be GUTTED if he left.

But, after the stick he has taken off some idiots on here and the fact he needs to get the best deal he can in what will be his best contract of his career, I will understand his decision.

Won't stop me giving him a load of ABUSE mind.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here