Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
the timing is very strange indeed, really don't want to believe it so have a "wait and see" attitude with the Murray situation

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Players move on-the only constant at a football club is us fans.

Gus doesn't appear too worried so I'm not. Thanks for the goals Glen, enjoy Croydon.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Thinking about it Palace are by no means secure in the Championship can you really see Murray committing to a club who might be league 1 next season?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep - he will get a signing on fee.

We are not going to play players more than they are worth - there is a difference and we won't have a problem attracting players next season.

True however players as good as Murray don't just grow on trees, are not always looking for a move, and aren't always coming to the end of their contracts. He would DEFINITELY be missed if he goes.

if this is true then fair enough. footballers can do what they want if they are out of contract. but look at it this way:

selhurst or amex?
croydon or brighton?
ikea or the beach?
freedman or poyet?
team on the down or team on the up?
club with limited future or a club with massive potential?

whatever murray's decision... Poyet clearly knows what he's doing. In Gus we Trust!

Yeah but the Whitgift's better then Churchill Sq. And that's what'll swing it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thinking about it Palace are by no means secure in the Championship can you really see Murray committing to a club who might be league 1 next season?

Palace aren't going to be relegated.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
People need some sense of context about this though.

He HAS NOT agreed anything yet. Palace are looking at him and talking about an offer. That does not mean he will leave.

He is happy at the club, doing well, and going places. Chances are he will also get a tidy pay rise here, where he is settled.

I think he will STAY.

Jukesy

Apr 13, 2011
How can they afford to do that when they've just come out of Administration? Surely they haven't been able to pay back all their old debts already? (And yes I know that's not how it works, just making a point).

I must admit I will give a hollow laugh if that happens. I SAID they should have gone bust and been forced to re-form and start again at the bottom of the pyramid.

Palace fan here.

Congrats, looking forward to next season.

This article is probably one of those ones started by his agent in an attempt to get the deal he wants at BHA - who knows.

As an aside and just so you know, the minute we came out of admin (July 10) we were debt free. That's how it works, the new owners buy the club and the deal includes a percentage to the creditors (1p in the £) who get paid immediately. Ours got the club and ground for approx £6milliion and start with no debt, no high earners hence making us one of the most financially stable clubs in the division - albeit without sugar-dady owners if you see what I mean?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Palace aren't going to be relegated.

Maybe not but they cannot be sure at the moment. Not looked at the run in but they are 4th bottom currently

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He is happy at the club, doing well, and going places. Chances are he will also get a tidy pay rise here, where he is settled.

I think he will STAY.

I think he will be an idiot to move. Especially to Palace where he will likely as not be in a relegation fight, with worse service, having to win over the crowd.

Also what Bwian said - if Gus is not that bothered, neither am I.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Palace fan here.

This article is probably one of those ones started by his agent in an attempt to get the deal he wants at BHA - who knows.

As an aside and just so you know, the minute we came out of admin (July 10) we were debt free. That's how it works, the new owners buy the club and the deal includes a percentage to the creditors (1p in the £) who get paid immediately. Ours got the club and ground for approx £6milliion and start with no debt, no high earners hence making us one of the most financially stable clubs in the division - albeit without sugar-dady owners if you see what I mean?

:fishing:

if this is true then fair enough. footballers can do what they want if they are out of contract. but look at it this way:

selhurst or amex?
croydon or brighton?
ikea or the beach?
freedman or poyet?
team on the down or team on the up?
club with limited future or a club with massive potential?

whatever murray's decision... Poyet clearly knows what he's doing. In Gus we Trust!

All true, so seems a bit strange tbh. However 2, or in this case 6 minus' make a plus?? Me thinks the agent is:fishing:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
People need some sense of context about this though.

He HAS NOT agreed anything yet. Palace are looking at him and talking about an offer. That does not mean he will leave.

I think he will STAY.

This. Negotiations with GM and other players wouldn't have started until we confirmed which division we would be in next season.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Palace fan here.

Yes we see.

We see that you are dirty f***ing cheats who have f***ed over your creditors twice in recent years and are nowproudly 'financially stable'. That's what we see.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Conversely, isn't exactly that what the tabloid journalists do each day, and are paid very high salaries for? Whilst NSC is going into meltdown over this, I barely think in the scope of this guy's career it would make much difference if he secretly posted one un-sourced story.

Fair point. I tend to think the source is Murray's agent - presumably now promotion confirmed the club can begin negotiating and signing contracts on the basis of increased revenue. Would be the perfect time to release a story about a potential move to Palace to extract a grand or two more a week from Bloom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here