Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Terrible move for him, just as Gus gets him playing the best football of his career he goes to a club who will struggle against relegation again next season. Do hope he signs a huge contact with them and is shit though and sits there for 3 years getting a load of cash
I'm sure Palace's manager, whoever that is, is just as good as Poyet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ambrose I think is on about £10k per week, yes, we would be mad to offer him that. Personally, I think we shouldn't offer him more than £6k, but we must be as I can see no other reason why he would even consider us over you (apart from the obvious fact that we are by far the better club, but which footballers care about that these days?)

You've also got the better stadium... (or did you include that in the 'better club assesment?)

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
(apart from the obvious fact that we are by far the better club, but which footballers care about that these days?)

So you are defining that paying way over the odds for average or unproven players that you can't afford, which in turn keeps putting you in administration and screwing over all your creditors makes you a 'better club' - Rrrrriiigght ok then.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Would suspect that there's a bit of brinkmanship in play here. However the reason we won the League One Championship is that we were the best TEAM. The situation is simple, Gus wants a team not individuals. If Murray was to get a much higher wage than anybody else morale would be affected. He's good but he ain't that good. If he can get more from Palace then good luck. I can bet he'll have a rougher time there than anywhere else if he doesn't do well.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Ambrose I think is on about £10k per week, yes, we would be mad to offer him that. Personally, I think we shouldn't offer him more than £6k, but we must be as I can see no other reason why he would even consider us over you (apart from the obvious fact that we are by far the better club, but which footballers care about that these days?)

Murray will be shit for you, he was shit for us when we had a crap team. He relies on a good team around him. He'll be the blame factor every tme you lose, you watch. It' exactly what he used to get from us when we just survived relegation. He's not a match winner he just adds that bit of extra class to teams who dominate games. You lot are going to find him very frustrating.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't blame him for going for the money (its not we can't afford what he wants its what Gus and the management team think he is worth) but Palace of all clubs, should make the first game even more interesting though

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
oh well. he wasn't THAT good anyway.

already looking forward to giving him both barrels of vitriolic abuse next season.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The better club ? How do you work that out ? Two seasons of near relegation, a ground that is a supermarket car park, a cheap option manager plus the reputation for going into administration, yes, such a better club. As a matter of interest how many season tickets have you sold so far ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Murray will be shit for you, he was shit for us when we had a crap team. He relies on a good team around him. He'll be the blame factor every tme you lose, you watch. It' exactly what he used to get from us when we just survived relegation. He's not a match winner he just adds that bit of extra class to teams who dominate games. You lot are going to find him very frustrating.

disagree 100% he is a quality player and adds to a team when injury free and happy.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It's quite simple really

Gus wants to keep Murray and his agent knows it

However Gus only wants him at a certain price, which Murray wants more

Murray has tried to call Gus's bluff... However Gus isn't bluffing

Murray now has little option than to sign for Palace as they are the only ones offering better terms than us

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Perhaps we should have a punt for Andy Johnson, mind you with Owen in the team we don't need another invalid.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Would just like to point out that if this is true then he is negotiating with Palace, the same as he is negotiating with us. Agents, by their very nature, like to have something else to go to war with. He (Bowry), has already leaked the Palace link weeks ago so this isn't a huge surprise is it? The problem they will create for themselves is that Gus has already made it clear that chucking Palace into the mix is not the wisest move in the circumstances so he may now just lose patience. As I mentioned on a previous thread on the topic to the chap who said Glenn doesn't want the attention, this is not the way to achieve that. Still hope he stays but will rely on Gus and Tony to do the right thing, either way.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
disagree 100% he is a quality player and adds to a team when injury free and happy.

80% of all sport is about mentality. Murray wont be happy playing for a team near the bottom proven by his performances for us when we were at the bottom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here