vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Terrible news, absolutely awful.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Eh? I'm making no judgements. No, I don't view all killers as mentally ill. I think that does a disservice to mentally ill people.

It's a terrible business and no mistake. Sometimes tragically, mentally ill people kill other people. And there seems to be evidence doing the rounds on Twitter that the man has a history of mental illness. If this is what has happened here then it's a very sad affair and a fair few people have jumped the gun for the sake of scoring political points. If it's just cold-blooded murder then lock him up and throw away the key.

This seems to be the case, a sad individual not getting the care he needs or just lost in the world. Anyone trying to make political capital out of this is sick

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Must be desperate Brexiteers trying to play down the "Britain First" shout.
Someone has been murdered and you want to score political points? I think this forum might be better off without you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It is a political attack - she was the representative of the area and the attacker wanted to silence the views of the electors. Utterly despicable apart from the obvious human tragedy.

Really do you know that?

Without facts posters are becoming political. No motive has been confirmed.

What's shocking is a dedicated person has died. Irrelevant of anyone's political persuasion most will be truly moved by this. Most people who go into politics do so with the best of intention's.

A sad day.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
So needless. There are controversial characters in every walk of life - not that there's any justification for such violence. Why is it always the widely respected and highly acclaimed people with so much to live for that are targeted?

Absolutely perverse.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Awful, awful news.

Jo Cox was a mother, a wife, a daughter, a campaigner, an MP and - by all accounts - a lovely, compassionate, caring person, popular across the political divide.

Our condolences go out to her family and friends.

Speculation is meaningless and inappropriate. Please cease and decist.

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Eh? I'm making no judgements. No, I don't view all killers as mentally ill. I think that does a disservice to mentally ill people.

It's a terrible business and no mistake. Sometimes tragically, mentally ill people kill other people. And there seems to be evidence doing the rounds on Twitter that the man has a history of mental illness. If this is what has happened here then it's a very sad affair and a fair few people have jumped the gun for the sake of scoring political points. If it's just cold-blooded murder then lock him up and throw away the key.

Sorry, I didn't word that very well. The point I was trying to make, is whether they are diagnosed or not, isn't someone who commits murder in cold blood mentally ill?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Sorry, I didn't word that very well. The point I was trying to make, is whether they are diagnosed or not, isn't someone who commits murder in cold blood mentally ill?

Depends on the motive, surely? If someone did something horrific to my kids and I ended up murdering them would it make me mentally ill?

In this case though it seems the guy has some serious mental issues to carry out such a random and awful thing!

RIP Jo

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

No worries, no I don't think that's the case necessarily and I don't think the legal or medical professions do either.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Really do you know that?

Without facts posters are becoming political. No motive has been confirmed.

What's shocking is a dedicated person has died. Irrelevant of anyone's political persuasion most will be truly moved by this. Most people who go into politics do so with the best of intention's.

A sad day.
All I meant was that an attack on an elected representative is an attack on the voice of the electorate, whatever 'motive' the attacker has.

larus

I'm basing my comments on:
-- the fact that an MP is in a critical condition as a result of one or both of being shot and stabbed
-- several witnesses heard the perpetrator shout Britain First before committing the act

Do let us know when you deem it appropriate to arrive at a conclusion.

But you quantified it by saying Right-Wing. He may well be, but he may also be left-wing. Communists aren't adverse to violence you know FFS

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Apparently some internet sleuths have tracked down this document from 2010 which indicates that the assailant Thomas Mair has a history of mental health problems.

It indicates he volunteered for a scheme that helped people that might have mental health problems, or problems fitting in. Not sure it can be concluded he had a history of mental health at this point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here