Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Moyes must go" - get your chops around this

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Last time i went to Chelsea was when Liverpool won the league went up with RL SC KT ST KB CH BS had to climb in and sat on the benches i expect theyve gone now ? Only went for the laugh was a good day out but cant get myself to like anyone else u r what u are ....

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I know they didn't appear out of nowhere mate , but there are a lot of holier than thou Brighton fans who just love to appear superior to the despised ' plastics' when let's face it , what's happened at Brighton is just a smaller scale version of what's happened at Chelsea.

I actually agree bushy we are like chelsea on a smaller scale in many respects i reckon our attendances are made up by...
6/7000 withdeaners
6/7000 Goldstoneres returning
3000 of both the above bringing kids or another familly member
5000 ex premier ship fans changing allegences as its a great stadium and local and cheaper and they may be able to take there kids to a game.
2000 hospitalities on a jolly ( note im not saying all)
1000 going for something to do nuetralls
500 free tickets schools and clubs etc

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Was that you wearing the red Manchester United shirt in the Palace end?

I think you are all missing the point. It is about switching allegiances. How can you go from cheering on a team, actually there at the match with your fellow supporters, going through the highs and lows and then changing to another team. So far in this thread we have a Man U supporter, an Arsenal supporter and a Chelsea fan who now go to the Amex and cheer on a different team.
How can you go from being on a train to watch your team to then supporting their opponents :lol:
Lets face it I am not the only one saying it is weird, the mind boggles.
I haven't switched allegiance at all, I just go and watch what is now my local side , and I obviously want them to win, i dont think ive EVER watched a game of football as a neutral ,switching allegiance is actually changing who you support .

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I was walking passed Manchester United's ground Old Trafford when i saw two season tickets nailed to the gate, i thought to myself 'I'm having them' ........ you can never have enough nails....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
2ajal1x.jpg

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I was for a while in my younger days a Tottenham fan - clearly I had no idea of the Southampton game. This was largely because my mates at school were also Tottenham fans. We had no football tradition as a family - my dad went to an egg-chasing school here and in South Africa. I had never been to a game, but towards the end of 1984, asked Dad to take me to a game at the Goldstone. This must have sowed the seed, as I listened to our FA Cup game away at Hull, where we got a 3-2 win right near the end (might even have been in the last minute), and I was hooked. I've been an Albion fan ever since, for most of those years (1988 to 1992 and since 1999 apart from one season a STH). However, this shows you can change clubs, though I guess in my case, I never had that strong an allegiance to Tottenham.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I was for a while in my younger days a Tottenham fan - clearly I had no idea of the Southampton game. This was largely because my mates at school were also Tottenham fans. We had no football tradition as a family - my dad went to an egg-chasing school here and in South Africa. I had never been to a game, but towards the end of 1984, asked Dad to take me to a game at the Goldstone. This must have sowed the seed, as I listened to our FA Cup game away at Hull, where we got a 3-2 win right near the end (might even have been in the last minute), and I was hooked. I've been an Albion fan ever since, for most of those years (1988 to 1992 and since 1999 apart from one season a STH). However, this shows you can change clubs, though I guess in my case, I never had that strong an allegiance to Tottenham.
You Left the dark side then !

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I used to think other Palace fans exaggerated when they said that you all had second teams and really supported Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea. It seems like they were not far wrong.
I would never swap allegiances for ANYTHING, if I ever stop watching Palace for whatever reason I will simply not go and watch football anymore
Well said EDS...you might have a poor taste in who you support but you are a true fan...kudos for that...56 years Albion and like you...no team ...no support for any other team.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Well said EDS...you might have a poor taste in who you support but you are a true fan...kudos for that...56 years Albion and like you...no team ...no support for any other team.

I just do not get it. I can understand maybe supporting a "bigger" team when you were younger but changing as you aged a bit but changing overnight or indeed having an Albion season ticket but still supporting Arsenal, the mind boggles. Now we know where all the extra supporters came from. I know some will say that Palace have fans like that, we probably do and I would not understand them either

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I just do not get it. I can understand maybe supporting a "bigger" team when you were younger but changing as you aged a bit but changing overnight or indeed having an Albion season ticket but still supporting Arsenal, the mind boggles. Now we know where all the extra supporters came from. I know some will say that Palace have fans like that, we probably do and I would not understand them either

Oh do get real.....Palace have just as many "floating", Plastic, Premier only, second, third, other team fans as any other team. Live with it, football fans tend to watch who they want at a certain time of their life and when it is convenient. If this was not true we would have had 20k plus crowds in the old fourth division ( oh hang on we did) and every club would have had their record average attendance every week in every division they have played in.
Think about it every club has fickle supporters, I like United but support Brighton, he likes Chelsea but supports Palace ect ect ect always has been and always will be. If you cant understand where our extra support comes from you must live in cloud cuckoo land and if you believe Palace are any different you Sir are very deluded. Granted all clubs have supporters who like no-one else and have followed their club through thick and thin, we have many and we have had plenty of thin, but your football club support is no different from any other.:ffsparr:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Surely the only thing to understand is that people are different, and not everyone is like you?

If it makes you (and SotW) feel superior, then it's no skin off my nose.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Oh do get real.....Palace have just as many "floating", Plastic, Premier only, second, third, other team fans as any other team. Live with it, football fans tend to watch who they want at a certain time of their life and when it is convenient. If this was not true we would have had 20k plus crowds in the old fourth division ( oh hang on we did) and every club would have had their record average attendance every week in every division they have played in.
Think about it every club has fickle supporters, I like United but support Brighton, he likes Chelsea but supports Palace ect ect ect always has been and always will be. If you cant understand where our extra support comes from you must live in cloud cuckoo land and if you believe Palace are any different you Sir are very deluded. Granted all clubs have supporters who like no-one else and have followed their club through thick and thin, we have many and we have had plenty of thin, but your football club support is no different from any other.:ffsparr:

Thanks for that little tirade but try reading what I said. I do believe you have more plastics than we do though but that is just my opinion

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Surely the only thing to understand is that people are different, and not everyone is like you?

If it makes you (and SotW) feel superior, then it's no skin off my nose.

Let's be honest, out of us two only one thinks they are superior

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here