Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moyes is to be named Man Utd Manager today

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let's hope Everton appoint Di Matteo, rather than approaching Martinez or especially Laudrup.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sir Alex Ferguson approached Moyes to be Assistant Manager in 1998!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Announcing his successor, Sir Alex Ferguson said:

"When we discussed the candidates that we felt had the right attributes we unanimously agreed on David Moyes. David is a man of great integrity with a strong work ethic. I've admired his work for a long time and approached him as far back as 1998 to discuss the position of Assistant Manager here. He was a young man then at the start of his career and has since gone on to do a magnificent job at Everton. There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this Club.”

Sir Bobby Charlton said:

“I have always said that we wanted the next manager to be a genuine Manchester United man. In David Moyes, we have someone who understands the things that make this such a special club. We have secured a man who is committed to the long-term and will build teams for the future as well as now. Stability breeds success.

“David has tremendous strength of character and recognises the importance of bringing young players through and developing them alongside world class talent. At United, I think David will be able to express himself

There you go. Longetivity. Approved by Fergie. Understands the club. Proven at bringing through youth talent.

All boxes ticked.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Where does this leave Winifred ? The new gaffer might think he is toilet. :lolol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't THINK Poyet would be in the running for the Everton job but if Laudrup were to go to Everton I'd be very concerned about Poyet being tempted away by Swansea. Wigan really arnt a threat in anyway, footballing back water with a weak squad an no money, why would Poyet want to go there?

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Moyes is inhereting a pretty poor squad that flattered to deceive under Ferguson and will need some time to breathe some fresh air into it.

Mancini is clueless.

Chelsea will sign Mourinho and then some ridiculous players over the Summer.

Chelsea to win the Premier League at a canter next Season IMO.[/QUOTE

I'm not convinced Abramovich will re- employ Mourinho, is the club big enough for both of them after the way it ended last time. Would Mourinho not be tailor made for City?

I still think Jose maybe doing all this flirting to raise Romans hopes then he will tell him to do one as revenge.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Depends whether he brought the comedy ostrich, I'd have thought. Clifton's motivational skills are not in dispute, but I'd have thought the bird might be a divisive presence in the dressing room.

Indeed. And he never seems to be in COMPLETE control of the abnormal lurching avian.
Stray too close during the half time team talk, and it could have Nani by the throat in an Emu death-grip quicker than you can say "Sir Alex never made me fetch the oranges".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here