Moving to NEWHAVEN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How is The Arc these days? I used to frequent this place when I was 17-18. I went to The Boys Club before I was old enough for pubs, I'm guessing it shut down a long time ago?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Might if I knew his name

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I have just bought in Peacehaven. Similar situation as yourself it sounds young couple buying their first property. Been to Newhaven a lot over the years not as bad as the rep it gets and with some investment ala Eastbourne Harbour could be a very nice place. I like the pool too!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
For what it's worth my Mum moved to Newhaven in 2003 after selling the family home in Coldean and down sizing to 2 bed mid terrace. The move was supposed to be relatively temporary with a view to moving on again after 5 years, she's still there and really likes it. She wants to move again (to a flat or bungalow) but would very much like to stay in the area, the only thing that goes against Newhaven for her is that she doesn't drive so is restricted to public transport, the services themselves are fine but it takes her a long time to get to Southwick or Bevendean where myself and my brother live,respectively. If you have your own transport then this shouldn't be an issue. Hope this helps @Notters

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
still going strong prob best pub in newhaven

The Hope gets my vote for Newhaven's best pub, The Ark is a good pub ,nice place to sit outside in the summer.

- - - Updated - - -

I know about this; trust me, I would never confuse a Conservative Club burning down. But, I thought The Crown was seriously damaged and then became a commercial property? It's the pub which was opposite C+E Sports right?

Not sure if you are joking here, but you do realise the Conservative Club did burn down.

meeching gull

Sep 18, 2010
Boat Alley
Buttermer had Jolly sailor but was another name then just down from horaces chippy
Then he brought the crown late 80's before moving to France where he sadly passed away
a few years ago
As for best pub out of loyalty I'll go White Hart

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
good pub crawl back in the day

used to start in the ark for the crumpet

white hart now & again

the ship used to be the liviest pub in Newhaven,for all sorts of reasons

bridge,anyone remember the round pool table

then over to the trek club

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I grew up in Denton and recently moved back there after living in Barcombe for 9 years. In my opinion Newhaven has an unfair reputation. Obviously I have many friends and family in the area, but it is a pretty friendly town with lots of positives. Biggest problem is the way the town centre has been allowed to die over the years, ever since the ring road was built there has been a slow, terminal decline. I'm not sure how that can ever be changed. But you're close to Seaford, Lewes and Brighton for plenty of shopping and restaurants.
On a prime bus route, mainline station and good road links either coast or A27.
Biggest plus; easy to get to the Amex and back and you can drink pre and post match in the Railway Club, a minute walk from the station, cheap beer, Sky Sports and always full of Albion supporters. Oh, and you'll get to meet Muhammed I'm Hard Bruce Lee and a few other regular posters in there!

Not exactly mainline, the last train from London connects in just after midnight. The station facilities are abysmal, but they are proposing to build a better one with bus interchange north of the level-crossing sometime.

Its a nice walk to Tidemills once you get past the industrial estate.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not exactly mainline, the last train from London connects in just after midnight. The station facilities are abysmal, but they are proposing to build a better one with bus interchange north of the level-crossing sometime.

Its a nice walk to Tidemills once you get past the industrial estate.
Please don't tell me you live here.:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports