Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving to NEWHAVEN

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Worthing is 14 miles, Newhaven is 12. Newhaven is within the Albion travel voucher by train & by bus. When I moved back to Sussex 9 years ago, we looked at houses in Worthing and none came up to the standard of the one we have now. I also have beautiful views of the Downs here.

According to Google the distance from Newhaven to Brighton is 8.9 miles. That figures as I lived in Seaford and the distance from there was 12.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
err its 11 miles from worthing! but ok fair enough you can prob get a bigger house in the haven but would point to great shops, lots of train stations, 2 cinemas a top new swimming pool, a pier, top beach. a genuine mix of classes. But yes travel to football is a bit more expensive

Newhaven must be the smallest town in the country to have three stations, though I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
err its 11 miles from worthing! but ok fair enough you can prob get a bigger house in the haven but would point to great shops, lots of train stations, 2 cinemas a top new swimming pool, a pier, top beach. a genuine mix of classes. But yes travel to football is a bit more expensive

The cinema is just down the road at the Marina,but there's also a choice of Eastbourne for cinema and theatre. I've just done a distance search on the AA travel site so I suppose it depends where you consider the centre of Worthing is. Newhaven has a sandy beach (which we still access over the fence ssshh) and also has a nice mix of classes. As for shopping I have a choice of Brighton, Eastbourne, Lewes and Seaford all within easy reach.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to Google the distance from Newhaven to Brighton is 8.9 miles. That figures as I lived in Seaford and the distance from there was 12.

I concede. We usually go to Brighton via the C7 & A27 which is quicker than the coast road when driving.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
I lived in Portslade for years and the best thing to be said for it was its proximity to Brighton but sometimes when I wanted to you know, go out locally for food or shop Boundary rd just not where you wanna be!

Think that s why I love Wortho so much, love the fact that Brighton is so close (I live next to train station) but I can eat, shop, drink (at a push) take kids to soft play, cinema etc all on foot

its a proper town

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
With the shortage of properties it also means that the vendor will get the full asking price or more.

I lived in Seaford for 9years left at 10 (1965) we spent all our summer holidays on the beach and the salts. I went back once rang a mate up in Newhaven who I was at school with me in Haywards Heath after I been fishing off Newhaven with the police fishing club and I was dropped back after couple of hours on the boat due to seasickness . We played pitch and putt at the salts so glad that day 2 others became sick:sick::sick: but had to stay on the boat.ha ha I loved Seaford as a youngster but it was a sleepy town.Been back a couple of times and all the areas I used to play have been built on that's progress I suppose . Also some of people I know now have retired to Seaford from Mid Sussex.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Salts is better than ever. I'm not sure there is a better recreational area anywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here