Moving to NEWHAVEN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ok, I must have misread your post, thanks.

No worries. Here's some random Newhaven memories: Dees Newsagents, Darkie Knight, Morocco Cafe, Minimart, Parsons, Acres The Bakers.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No worries. Here's some random Newhaven memories: Dees Newsagents, Darkie Knight, Morocco Cafe, Minimart, Parsons, Acres The Bakers.

Dees is still going strong, I will ask my wife about the others as she has lived in Newhaven all her life.
I am sure Acres the Bakers had shops in Brighton.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As a kid in Newhaven it was a great place to grow up. There were lots of places to explore around the river and coast, lots of recreation grounds and almost every street had a sweet shop. Today it's just so depressing with all the boarded up shops and missing pubs. I once went on a full pub crawl with mates and it was a tough assignment, not anymore.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Healthwise, there's another big plus side to living in Newhaven, rather than Worthing, in that you have a choice of hospitals. Depending on the time of day or night, you can use A&E at either Eastbourne or Brighton.

Brilliant, so in an emergency you have to survive 20 mins one way or the other as opposed to Worthing which has its own A&E...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I already prefer Newhaven to Worthing. Not sure why, presumably because it's in East East East Sussex.

- - - Updated - - -

I already prefer Newhaven to Worthing. Not sure why, presumably because it's in East East East Sussex.

Worthing was an example, however you seem set on a new build near an incinerator, in a soulless, sunshine free place, so good luck

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Worthing was an example, however you seem set on a new build near an incinerator, in a soulless, sunshine free place, so good luck

We do get sunshine here too.
I think the OP is just trying to find an affordable property and this area is ideal.
Have you ever lived here Vegas Seagull? I know Newhaven will never be as exciting as Vegas but we don't all like fruit machines, flashing lights and a fake Elvis Presley!!:cheery:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brilliant, so in an emergency you have to survive 20 mins one way or the other as opposed to Worthing which has its own A&E...

My other half has already survived two emergencies in this location, whereas I have had two close relatives who didn't survive Worthing hospital. If I was taken ill in West Sussex, I would want my other half to drive me back here first.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
On the subject of Billy Idol, did you know the drummer from Generation X lives in Saltdean?

What's the Wreckless Eric story?

bit of a one hit wonder,can't remember the song now

think he moved to France

defo Newhavener though

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
surely Worthing is nicer and closer to Brighton?

newhaven is gonna be a real shock going there straight from Brighton, Wortho more of a half way house

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

newhaven is gonna be a real shock going there straight from Brighton, Wortho more of a half way house

Worthing is 14 miles, Newhaven is 12. Newhaven is within the Albion travel voucher by train & by bus. When I moved back to Sussex 9 years ago, we looked at houses in Worthing and none came up to the standard of the one we have now. I also have beautiful views of the Downs here.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
Worthing is 14 miles, Newhaven is 12. Newhaven is within the Albion travel voucher by train & by bus. When I moved back to Sussex 9 years ago, we looked at houses in Worthing and none came up to the standard of the one we have now. I also have beautiful views of the Downs here.

err its 11 miles from worthing! but ok fair enough you can prob get a bigger house in the haven but would point to great shops, lots of train stations, 2 cinemas a top new swimming pool, a pier, top beach. a genuine mix of classes. But yes travel to football is a bit more expensive

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

It takes bloody ages to drive to Worthing in rush hour; Newhaven isn't bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports