Moving to Eastbourne - advice needed

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

thirpo

May 8, 2010
Ashington
Moving to Eastbourne " 3 Coniston Road BN23 8HJ"

Hi all sorry new to this and need some advice rapido!! We are in the process of purchasing a 4 bed house in coniston road Eastbourne, just off Friday Street, we are from Ashington in Sussex near Steyning and Worthing "Quite Rural, I have 4 Children 13, 12, 9 & 7, boy girl boy girl. I love the out look of the house we are buying but am really worried about what the areas like for bringing up children i.e, Schools e.t.c, play areas, safety and walking, public footpaths and stuff. It seems on this forum that there is much talk about avoid shinewater and Langney areas, can some one define Langney as a whole, is north Langney just a posh deviation as to sound not associated with the council area of Langney. No bias answers as I was brought up on a council estate, in the 70's in Horsham sussex and have done really well in my life but as you can imagine its a massive upheval for our family changing schools etc. Is Eastbourne a deprived area or is it a thriving and exciting community and place to live. Any really Honest information would be much appreciated as its turning my life into a stressed termoil knowing wether or not I'm making a massive mistake or fresh clean break!!
Kindest Regards to all
Thirpo.:shrug:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have lived in Roselands for the past 2 and a half years and can state that it is very quiet and also handy for the sea, the downs and local amenities. Whoever thought Roselands was a bad area was clueless. I lived in Liverpool for 14 years, although I am from Sussex, and can honestly say what a relief it is to live somewhere where I feel safe walking down the road. Most of Eastbourne is very good and even the worst areas are not as bad as the worst in Brighton or Hastings. People complain it it boring, just shows a distinct lack of imagination. Eastbourne is very good for families too.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Hi all sorry new to this and need some advice rapido!! We are in the process of purchasing a 4 bed house in coniston road Eastbourne, just off Friday Street, we are from Ashington in Sussex near Steyning and Worthing "Quite Rural, I have 4 Children 13, 12, 9 & 7, boy girl boy girl. I love the out look of the house we are buying but am really worried about what the areas like for bringing up children i.e, Schools e.t.c, play areas, safety and walking, public footpaths and stuff. It seems on this forum that there is much talk about avoid shinewater and Langney areas, can some one define Langney as a whole, is north Langney just a posh deviation as to sound not associated with the council area of Langney. No bias answers as I was brought up on a council estate, in the 70's in Horsham sussex and have done really well in my life but as you can imagine its a massive upheval for our family changing schools etc. Is Eastbourne a deprived area or is it a thriving and exciting community and place to live. Any really Honest information would be much appreciated as its turning my life into a stressed termoil knowing wether or not I'm making a massive mistake or fresh clean break!!
Kindest Regards to all

I live down Pennine Way, just around the corner from Coniston. Lovely area, no trouble whatsoever. Schools, primary you've got Stone Cross infants about 3 minute drive away, and Secondary, Bishop Bell C of E, which is now one of the top secondary schools in the country. Shinewater is not as bad as it used to be, in fact its pretty quiet nowadays. Short drive upto the Harbour on summers evenings and there is lots to do, dining, drinking, music ect for the certain types.

Overall good area to move to. One of the better parts of Eastbourne imo (not biased, as I have lived all over the town over the years.)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kindest Regards to all

Nice area to move to , we looked at a house in a cul-de-sac where the rear garden backed onto Friday Street. North Langney is pleasant too.

thirpo

May 8, 2010
Ashington
:) Thanks guys and girls for all the info so far, if any one has got any more on schools i.e. Bishops Bell or Causway and primary school info, I would be very great full, or a matter of fact any more local info for BN23 Area Coniston Road & Pennine Way Area's I would also love to here.
Thanks all........If any one wants Solar water heating checkout my website www.h2osolar.co.uk

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Bishop Bell is a far better school than Causeway (a lot of the kids from Shinewater go to Causeway).
Eastbourne in general is a pretty nice place to live, like anywhere there are Saturday night fisticuffs, usually outside the kebab shop in town, but crime isn't too bad. The town has a fair smattering of the usual shops but not much different to other towns.
When I moved here, I picked the west side of the town (I'm in Upperton, previously Old Town) over the east but you do get more for your money in Langney/Stone Cross.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I love the out look of the house we are buying but am really worried about what the areas like for bringing up children i.e, Schools e.t.c, play areas, safety and walking, public footpaths and stuff.

You should have looked at those things before you started the process if you're that worried.

Not spamming are you?
Cos if you are you can f*** right off.

thirpo

May 8, 2010
Ashington
Hey Everest wash your F--king mouth out with detergent!! or something stronger, its the type of people like you I'm worried about, no I'm not spamming you idiot, I just want some honest information and pretty much every one on here has been very helpfull, "hey I know" have a look at the previous content find out where we are moving too and come and tell me to f-off to my face, don't tell me what I should of thought of before buying the house, your probably a scrounging benefits thieve " Imbecile" oh where do you live then!!!!:rant:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Touchy

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Is there any other decent secondary schools bar BB in Eastbourne

...........yeah, try Hailsham Skool. Your kids will get a great educayshun and become well ard at the same time. Just like me.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I live in stone cross just up from your road, and stone cross school would be fine for your two junior aged ones, thats where mine went, and now my oldest goes to willingdon, which is a really good school and one which most the secondary school kids round this area try to get into, causeway has had its problems in the past, but is fast improving on them and they have a new headmaster, bishop bell is excellent but very hard to get into, need to go to church lots if your face doesnt fit to get in there.

Believe me when i say you can stop fretting, you could be moving into far worse areas, i used to live near pennine way too and liked it there too, the langney shopping centre wouldnt win any prizes for range of shops etc but it does have its uses. Generally, around the stone cross and pennine way areas its clean, there is a good feel and a definite community presence. The only rough bit at all is shinewater which still isnt as bad as people make out and your not living directly in there anyway.

Check the availability of places for schools but otherwise go for it.

thirpo

May 8, 2010
Ashington
Jezzer massive thanks dude, and a massive thanks to everyone my mind is set!!
I'M COMING TO EASTBOURNE!!, WOOPWOOP.
Just one thing I wan't to clear up, " is there lots of APF wearers' "
APF stands for " Animal Print Fleece" feel free to ask why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here