Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Movies you wish you hadn't bothered watching

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
I guess this is why we love films, so many films people hate I quite enjoyed.

I started watching Her last night, man falls in love with operating system, very strange, managed 30 minutes and stopped watching it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The only film I have ever walked out of was "Holiday on the Buses". It was on a double bill with Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Luckily Monty Python was first.

many years ago, I though Doctor Zhivago was interminable. I might think differently if I were to watch it again now.

To turn things around a bit, many years ago, I was always rude about "Gone With The Wind". Then I went to see it, so that I could be rude about it with some authority, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Since then, I have never dismissed anything totally without seeing or hearing it.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The Shawshank Redemption - truly the emperor's new clothes of films.

An overly long cliched narrative, capped off with one of the most implausible (though at the same time utterly predictable) plot twists in cinema history.

Really disagree with this. Fantastic film IMO

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
a film called MARTYRS...french/canadian offering involving repeated violent beatings to a kidnapped girl , culminating in her being skinned and sent gradually to the afterlife whilst giving commentary to an iluminatii style sect somewhere........****ing weird film i tell thee....!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
a film called MARTYRS...french/canadian offering involving repeated violent beatings to a kidnapped girl , culminating in her being skinned and sent gradually to the afterlife whilst giving commentary to an iluminatii style sect somewhere........****ing weird film i tell thee....!

A VERY strange film indeed.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I imagine there are loads of films wheer I've thought "I'm never getting those 2 hours back" but you forget most of them as the films are so forgettable. The ones that immediately spring to mind are:

Lincoln
Blair Witch Project
Strictly Ballroom
The Box
Knight & Day
Vanilla Sky

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Brazil. A 3 hour mind f**k.
Twelve Monkeys. Dull and utterly baffling.

Two of my favourite movies :D

Brokeback Mountain was pretty terrible imo. Lord of The RIngs Trilogy just seemed like the books to me, lots of scenery but not much happening. One of the worst though (at least from an acting point of view) was 'The Langoliers'.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I saw that. My brother in law recommended it. I try and avoid him now

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
On a flight back from Dubai I managed to pick three shockers in a row from the 100s available :(

That crappy Stallone/Swarzenegger escape nonsense.

A really tedious 'comedy' with Robert De Niro and a Mafia family on a witness protection in France... YAWN

and some sorry time travelling romcom pap.

Between them, they managed to make the flight go even more slowly :(

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Oh...and "antichrist" starring Willem Defoe...very odd.

And on the subject of Willem Defoe "the last temptation of Christ" was a snorefest too. I was rooting for he Romans.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Underworld
Torque
The Possession
A Serious Man (only went because I was on a date and the 9 screen cinema was showing 8x Avatar and this crock)

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
The Sixth Sense

Get Shorty

The Devil Wears Prada (although I got a fist full of brownie points for taking Mrs P to see that)

Ted (see Devil Wears Prada)

Bridesmaids (see Ted)

I thought it was agreed, NEVER to speak of G.. S.....y again..

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Some of the utter effluent my darling daughter has made me watch over the years
Donnie Darko,Signs,Mean Girls,Paranormal Activity,Finding Nemo,Titanic,Napoleon Dynamite.
If she wasnt my daughter, I don't think I would ever speak to her again,oh and I nearly forgot,Marley and Me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here