Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Movies you wish you hadn't bothered watching

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So you sat through Twilight thinking there was a chance you might like it ?

I'd do a little research before you watch films mate.

edit :in fact looking at your list I'd do a lot of research.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So you sat through Twilight thinking there was a chance you might like it ?

I'd do a little research before you watch films mate.

The first one I watched because it was on TV and it was a popular film so thought I'd check it out because I figure a) I might like it (there are a lot of films that split opinion, or are widely disliked that I actually enjoy), b) I didn't want to join in criticising it without watching it. I watched the rest of the twilight films for two reasons: 1) I'm a bit of a completest 2) My friend and I often watch films we're not expecting to like mostly just to make fun of them

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The first one I watched because it was on TV and it was a popular film so thought I'd check it out because I figure a) I might like it (there are a lot of films that split opinion, or are widely disliked that I actually enjoy), b) I didn't want to join in criticising it without watching it. I watched the rest of the twilight films for two reasons: 1) I'm a bit of a completest 2) My friend and I often watch films we're not expecting to like mostly just to make fun of them

I've started 2 films this weekend and given up within 20 minutes on both of them. One starred Will Smith so that's natural. Cut your losses I say.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Donnie Darko
Solaris

Absolute tosh, the pair of them

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I think I might actually hate the person who made me sit through Lord of the Rings.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Raise The Titanic

Without wishing to spoil the end, an appalling bad model of the WHOLE ship surfaces in a plain to see tank of water :nono:

One of Lord Grade's bigger turkeys

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Green Street 3: I watched this visual masterpiece last night. I didn't bother with the sequel went straight for the third installment. I didn't realise it was a comedy though. Apparently the world of football violence is now a underground MMA circuit littered with martial arts experts, squaddies and bent coppers who like to fight. Who knew?

Don't ask me why I watched this. Some sort of morbid curiosity got the better of me.

Last edited:

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Saw the film version of Les Mis a couple of days ago as love the songs. Russell Crowe actually had me laughing his acting and singing were so bad. Would have walked out if I hadn't been watching it at home.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The Shawshank Redemption - truly the emperor's new clothes of films.

An overly long cliched narrative, capped off with one of the most implausible (though at the same time utterly predictable) plot twists in cinema history.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Sixth Sense

Get Shorty

The Devil Wears Prada (although I got a fist full of brownie points for taking Mrs P to see that)

Ted (see Devil Wears Prada)

Bridesmaids (see Ted)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The Sixth Sense

How could I forget the M Night Shyamalan repertoire...

Unbreakable, Signs, Devil (as producer or presenter or something). (I actually don't regret sixth sense or the happening, and didn't see lady in the water or last airbender)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I watched Oblivion yesterday afternoon and it was a total yawn! The only redeeming point were the special effects and landscapes.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Shawshank Redemption - truly the emperor's new clothes of films.

An overly long cliched narrative, capped off with one of the most implausible (though at the same time utterly predictable) plot twists in cinema history.

Not a complete waste of time for me but certainly never unstandard the plaudits it gets on NSC. It's ok.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Gravity
The Matrix Revolutions
Terminator 3
School of Rock
Tropic Thunder
Bruno
Shrek 3 & 4
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Die Hard 5
Sin City
& anything with the word 'Movie' at the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here