Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Movies you wish you hadn't bothered watching

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I watched this a bit off my head and it reminded me of when I went to see Kurosawa's Throne of Blood at the NFT where part of the film is a key character lost in a foggy wood, and he stays lost for a while....a long while. I fell asleep and upon that comedy sudden waking up you get if you've fallen asleep without realising, I looked round to see if anyone noticed and half the cinema was asleep! Incredible. A Field of England was very similarly shot, I was on the single malts while watching and I honestly don't know if I saw the whole thing or dropped off during parts of it, what with all the hallucinations and various monologue ramblings - Mark Kermode was going to give it his film of the year on the Culture Show the other night!!!

I got about half an hour in and turned it off. Nicely shot but thoroughly dull.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Where do I start? Basically ANY American WW1/WW2 film.Always total disregard of fact and history just to glorify themselves as saviours of the free World.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
" No Country For Old Men" Highly recommended by a mate and I 'boxed' it. Started watching and fell asleep so scrolled back to last thing I could remember and it was just FOUR MINS into the film!

All in all, 3 times I tried to watch and 3 times I fell asleep. Gave up, which just proves it's no film for old Ken!

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Human Centipede. Was told I would like it but hated it. Stupid idea, stupid script, poor continuity and they have even made a more stupid sequel that I won't be watching..

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Dark Knight and especially The Dark Knight Rises. Didn't get the huge acclaim Heath Ledger got for The Joker. Really, you'd have to be pretty piss poor to mess that role up.

Surely you cannot include Boogie nights in that criticism can you ? Excellant film.

Just cos we saw Heather Graham's bush on roller skates doesn't alter the fundemental rule that this film had no point whatsoever. Cept those in people's pants.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
have to disagree, all 3 movies are Excellent.

First is superb, second is entertaining, third is just utter nonsense, which is fine but it broke the cardinal rule of film: Don't be dull. I don't think I have met anyone that rated the third effort. And that doesn't surprise me. It's crap.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
First is superb, second is entertaining, third is just utter nonsense, which is fine but it broke the cardinal rule of film: Don't be dull. I don't think I have met anyone that rated the third effort. And that doesn't surprise me. It's crap.

i rated it, i know a few people, not as good as the second

for me Nolan added a gritty edge to Batman like Daniel Craig has done for Bond, which i like

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I watched this a bit off my head and it reminded me of when I went to see Kurosawa's Throne of Blood at the NFT where part of the film is a key character lost in a foggy wood, and he stays lost for a while....a long while. I fell asleep and upon that comedy sudden waking up you get if you've fallen asleep without realising, I looked round to see if anyone noticed and half the cinema was asleep! Incredible. A Field of England was very similarly shot, I was on the single malts while watching and I honestly don't know if I saw the whole thing or dropped off during parts of it, what with all the hallucinations and various monologue ramblings - Mark Kermode was going to give it his film of the year on the Culture Show the other night!!!

I normally agree with most of what Kermode says but his praise of Ben Wheatley does mystify me.

I am also slightly angry you've likened Throne of Blood to such a bad film

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
i rated it, i know a few people, not as good as the second

for me Nolan added a gritty edge to Batman like Daniel Craig has done for Bond, which i like

I agree about the grit, he nailed that on first film, second wasn't bad. They could and should have gone a lot darker with the Joker, Killing Joke style. Guess we cannot all like the same stuff.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just cos we saw Heather Graham's bush on roller skates doesn't alter the fundemental rule that this film had no point whatsoever. Cept those in people's pants.

If you think the films aim was to titivate then a big whoosh for you L.I.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here