Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOUTH - The latest

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As has been mentioned by a few before, a new and Independent Supporters Club?

As we're moving into a new stadium, which will no doubt come with a few 'teething' problems, now seems a perfect time to start one.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I know I should know this but do the stewards have easily visible numbers on their vests?

If they do then simply note down the number of the steward(s) acting inappropriately and send it on a proforma letter of complaint to the club and cc it to the Insider. I'm sure Bozza could source the correct club official and address for the letter as well as that of the Inisder for the cc.

If enough people pick up on the behaviour of a specific individual, then the club will be forced to take action.

If however the stewars do not have a very visible means of identification (visible from the stands) then we should demand that they do. This will make them more accountable.

So: highly visible identification for the stweards; a proforma letter to make it easy to draw issues to the clubs attention which includes the addresses of the correct point of contact in the club, including Paul Samrah (the Insider).

Everyone should write every time they see an issue. Don't join the supporters club (unless you get the urge), exercise your right as a consumer to complain and demand that the provider takes appropriate action.

Anyone fancy writing a proforma letter? Bozza do you have the two names/addresses required?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why? Why can't we all just join the existing one?

I feel the current one is too close, and too connected, to the club. But, I agree there is nothing to stop people joining the current one and getting themselves elected to the board and changing things. I just feel a new one, with the word 'Independent' in the name from the offset, is a better way to go; there will be no doubt as to its status and position.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I know I should know this but do the stewards have easily visible numbers on their vests?

If they do then simply note down the number of the steward(s) acting inappropriately and send it on a proforma letter of complaint to the club and cc it to the Insider. I'm sure Bozza could source the correct club official and address for the letter as well as that of the Inisder for the cc.

Indeed they do - about 3-4 inch lettering on the left hand side of their chest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I feel the current one is too close, and too connected, to the club. But, I agree there is nothing to stop people joining the current one and getting themselves elected to the board and changing things. I just feel a new one, with the word 'Independent' in the name from the offset, is a better way to go; there will be no doubt as to its status and position.

..and maybe the fact no one has started one suggests that there is not a genuine need.

Dandyman

In London village.
Interesting thread, to say the least.

As Bozzer and others have posted this whole issue has been simmering for a long time. I have no objection to the Stewards dealing with racist or other unacceptable behaviour in the ground (if indeed they do) but the blanket "sit down, shut up" attitude coupled with the Met Police-like "because I say so" justifications have succeeded in little more than driving an increasingly big wedge between many long standing supporters and the club. This has IMO obvious ramifications for Falmer. Do we want a Highbury Library style Falmer or a loud and proud one ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been told that at Falmer there will be far tougher Stewarding, with a Zero tolerance on Standing.

Season tickets are also going to be £100-£150 more expensive as well, apparently.

Interesting thread, to say the least.

As Bozzer and others have posted this whole issue has been simmering for a long time. I have no objection to the Stewards dealing with racist or other unacceptable behaviour in the ground (if indeed they do)
Sadly, as I reported on here, they don't. When there were references to Banana Boats from D Block last season, I saw a steward's reaction so I know he heard it. But did nothing. And as it come from behind me it wasn't something I could report either. And the constant homophobia from away fans is completely ignored. Even when there are 40 away fans as on Wednesday.

As I have said before, I am normally against the steward baiting but the lack of consistency and the "bouncer" behaviour of response stewards is becoming a real issue.

Oct 11, 2005
London
This treatment of Steve is appalling. As I've mentioned on another thread, I've sat in the seat directly behind Steve since Withdean opened and believe me, I haven't once seen him do a single thing to warrant getting banned. Steve's a decent, passionate, entertaining Albion fan, who like a lot of us, stands up to shout every now and then. Without fans like Steve the Withdean would have an even worse atmosphere - he's the kind of fan that this club should be grateful for.

By banning Steve for two games I've now completely lost faith in the stewards.. I'm writing to Ken Brown and urge other witnesses in E Block to do the same.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
On the wider issue of supporter representation, Bozza (and others) why don't you join the Supporters Club and stand for election? It is open to ALL Albion fans. Then that way you could actually see if it puts you in a better position to influence things? It would mean putting a bit of effort in to go to committee meetings, round-the-table meetings with the club etc... but surely it would be a better approach than childish internet hate campaigns?

Just a thought...

Hahahhahaha that's the funniest thing I've EVER read on here.

The supporters club isn't open to all Albion fans, it's open to whoever Auntie Liz and bobble hat brigade want in it.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Surely close and connected to the club are good things? The problem is that people say that they care passionately about it and yet cannot be arsed to do anything about it unless you count moaning on here, talking about a new supporters club, talking about some form of demonstration, blah, blah, blah. Action louder than words springs to mind.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not a member of the Supporters' Club so I can't comment on how 'close' it is to the football club, but how will having two supporter organisations make the situation better?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Surely close and connected to the club are good things? The problem is that people say that they care passionately about it and yet cannot be arsed to do anything about it unless you count moaning on here, talking about a new supporters club, talking about some form of demonstration, blah, blah, blah. Action louder than words springs to mind.

Not fair Merry P. A lot of people on NSC do a lot for the club, it just may not be through the official supporters club. Too easy to tar everyone with a "moaners" tag.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Connected certainly, it's good to have avenues of communication but maybe some distance in other areas? It's not something I feel strongly about to be honest. I am merely raising something which has be raised before, as a response to the 'need for ongoing dialogue' comment. And there is an element of 'put up or shut up' in my mind.

For the record I have only had very positive experience from stewards (yes, this can happen).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not a member of the Supporters' Club so I can't comment on how 'close' it is to the football club, but how will having two supporter organisations make the situation better?

I simply made a response/suggestion to the comment Insider made about the need for ongoing dialogue. I do feel the current supporters club is too close to the club though, and it's current status and image I'm sure puts some people off joining. I can see some advantages, maybe a few disadvantages. If a group of supporters want to start up a new group with a different outlook and agenda then so be it, 'put up or shut up?'

As for two organisations...there are currently a number of supporters groups already addressing different sections of our support and their desires, agendas and needs.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here