Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
See we were Game of the Day on Sky Sports last night. I missed it and hadn’t pressed record ( bad fan!). Is there a way to find/retrieve it and play it??

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would it be over-cynical to suggest that MOTD draw a 'diamond formation' to suggest that MUFC are doing really really well, then draw a near-identical 'diamond formation' about two minutes later to suggest that MUFC are doing really really badly? :lol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Would it be over-cynical to suggest that MOTD draw a 'diamond formation' to suggest that MUFC are doing really really well, then draw a near-identical 'diamond formation' about two minutes later to suggest that MUFC are doing really really badly? :lol:
To be fair, I think they made the point that we figured it out and played around it without them having a plan B.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don’t usually watch MOTD. Did so last night and was reminded of how their highlights don’t in any way adequately reflect what happened. To think we used to depend on this shit format when growing up.
In the 'Old Days' though it was all highlights and the only analysis was a brief word with the manager before him and his players went off for a few pints and to get their fish suppers. As has been mentioned before the current format falls between two stools (highlights programme and analysis programme), and yeah, the few minutes of highlights don't tell the whole story.

But still, on first and all the analysis was about how brilliant we are. The highlights should have been longer, but meh, given the current format I can't complain. :)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
In the 'Old Days' though it was all highlights and the only analysis was a brief word with the manager before him and his players went off for a few pints and to get their fish suppers. As has been mentioned before the current format falls between two stools (highlights programme and analysis programme), and yeah, the few minutes of highlights don't tell the whole story.

But still, on first and all the analysis was about how brilliant we are. The highlights should have been longer, but meh, given the current format I can't complain. :)
I’m not that bothered about the analysis. Time to get a drink really given how poor it is. Whether they praise or criticize the Albion doesn’t bother me. It really is the highlights. I didn’t realise they were longer in the old days. Would they have been long enough to show Saturday’s sublime passing ? Who knows but I would suggest that Lineker, Shearer and Wright (or whichever other goon) wouldn’t know what they were looking at anyway.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I’m not that bothered about the analysis. Time to get a drink really given how poor it is. Whether they praise or criticize the Albion doesn’t bother me. It really is the highlights. I didn’t realise they were longer in the old days. Would they have been long enough to show Saturday’s sublime passing ? Who knows but I would suggest that Lineker, Shearer and Wright (or whichever other goon) wouldn’t know what they were looking at anyway.
Well originally it really was 'Match of the Day' - they only showed one game! (And it had a different theme tune). Then they expanded it to two and eventually three games, but there was always one main game, the 'match of the day'. With only three games to show the highlights for each were much longer.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Looks like we're the last match on tonight.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
How does Newcastle's first goal still stand? It's clearly handball by Gordon.
Was just about to post the same thing. Kept the ball in with his hand. How does that stand with the images we have all seen. I really no not understand.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I don’t understand why MOTD lead with matches which were already shown live on PPV channels. Fans of these teams will have already watched these matches.

On this match in particular a case could be made for all 3 of the first 3 goals to be disallowed or not happen.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Was just about to post the same thing. Kept the ball in with his hand. How does that stand with the images we have all seen. I really no not understand.
Accidental apparently.

So - not handball if accidental for an attacker (so long as someone else scores), but is handball if it is accidental for a defender - even if not affecting play.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Accidental apparently.

So - not handball if accidental for an attacker (so long as someone else scores), but is handball if it is accidental for a defender - even if not affecting play.

But that's crazy. He keeps the ball in with his hand, however accidental, so they benefit by getting a goal. That's a ridiculous decision/rule. Blimey. Genuinely gobsmacked if that's the case.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
How are we on after Chelsea v Villa?
Not only us, but Liverpool v West Ham as well. Both games had four goals. Liverpool are second and we're third. These days, they can't even argue that Chelsea getting beat is an upset. Villa finished five places above them last season and were seven places above them before kick off.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Chelsea create a lot of chances for a team that can't score

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here