Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As expected….more about where United are going wrong, troubles at the club etc.
Danny Murphy did a fairly extended bit about how good Brighton were and why, emphasising the bravery of our play and how well we use our skills. There was also a display of stats with a heading “why Brighton are brilliant” or something similar. Were you not watching that?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Haven’t seen it yet - and it sounds like this is wide of the mark- but we have to accept there’s going to be a lot of howling about Manchester United being outplayed at home by a club that’s spent relatively next to nothing. It’s one of the world’s most popular clubs.

I spent 90 minutes in the car last night and all Five Live & TalkSPORT had on was a stream of moaning Mancs (well, Londoners mainly). Magic.

As long as they acknowledge it’s not just some plucky fluke, I’d say just revel in it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Eh? I couldn't believe how little they talked about MUFC compared with the Albion!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
At the beginning of last night's coverage of our game the commentator mentioned that, in the EPL era, Man Utd have lost four games in a row to the same opponent only twice. To Man City a decade ago and to Liverpool 20 years ago. It's thrice now. Our goal difference in the four games is better than City or Liverpool's was, although we need to win another to level LIverpool's five in a row. As Brighton fans who ever thought that we'd be able to say "Manchester United? Oh, they're just our bunnies."

The post game coverage was so glowing, that it made me uncomfortable. United directors, please remember that two of those defeats, including the heaviest were under Graham Potter, and that he needs a job. RDZ already has one thanks.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sometimes I think even a mention of who we’re playing is too much for some people on here

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
The punditry was fine, no moans at all about that - but the editing of the match footage must have been done by a ManU fan - it seemed to be a montage of every ManU attack and near misses!
Stats show we had 8 shots on target, don't think they showed them all but plenty of their miss shots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here