Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
MOTD like Marmite. Love it or hate it!
I am normally fine with it and the analyses / bit that didn’t show how good we were at all and dominant against the 3rd best team last season…

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
MOTD like Marmite. Love it or hate it!
MOTD were complimentary, but clearly didn't quite have the usual love in. NSC then suffers acute separation anxiety 😭

Ferguson is as good as Haaland was at 18 and is playing at a higher level. It's how he kicks on from there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cap, poorly fitting suit and dazzling white trainers worthy of a booking from the get go!
Thank f*** we have a manager who oozes utter f***ing class and not put on one bit…! Oh what a time to be alive and a Sussex boy 👍

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Also not showing our similar half chances eg Pedro just after we scored. Surely the editing needs to reflect the balance of play?
It reflects the balance of pay.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have to say, and I’m not one to get precious, those highlights didn’t one bit show the game for what it was. We absolutely dominated them from start to finish. At least they showed Scouse rat boy put it wide eh 🤣🔵⚪
The Bobkin Jnrs HATE him! :lol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Their highlights were just weird . Watching that you would think fairly even game

Only when analysing Ferguson did you get a hint of our other chances and moves

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pissed off Shearer isn’t in the studio. His smug face whenever the Saudi’s win is incredibly irritating
That's an understatement - his face is like a fat 10-year-old that's just been given the keys to the sweet shop.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jeez, the neediness :ROFLMAO:

The narrative was clearly intended to be “look how shite Champions League Newcastle are”, and much as we might enjoy bossing possession and forcing corners we do nothing with, it hardly makes for good highlights. Other than the Pedro shot and the early Ferguson effort, there weren’t a hatful of our chances they missed. We weren’t exactly testing Pope every 90 seconds.

And I was at the game before anyone says anything.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mitoma’s goal against Wolves (beating 5 players) is number 5 out of 9 for Goal of the Month in August
. Vote closes at 11.25.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Jeez, the neediness :ROFLMAO:

The narrative was clearly intended to be “look how shite Champions League Newcastle are”, and much as we might enjoy bossing possession and forcing corners we do nothing with, it hardly makes for good highlights. Other than the Pedro shot and the early Ferguson effort, there weren’t a hatful of our chances they missed. We weren’t exactly testing Pope every 90 seconds.

And I was at the game before anyone says anything.
It’s easy to say ‘the neediness’ though isn’t it. I’m not that bothered at all about these things usually but I really think those highlights made the game look completely different to what it was. It happens occasionally. Even my Dad said this today and he’s def not needy etc. it’s just an observation many of us had and shared the same thought. No biggy, just a bit misleading to those that didn’t watch the game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here