Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most hated albion players

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I have never 'hated' anyone playing for the Albion but I hated the attitude of half the team (mainly loanees) in the first half away to Walsall under Slade when we were 0-3 down at halftime.
Once they left the club is a different matter depending on how they departed, so the player that I have given most serious hateful abuse to must be Harding - especially the first half at Elland Road when Seb Carole tore him a new one!

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
I have never 'hated' anyone playing for the Albion but I hated the attitude of half the team (mainly loanees) in the first half away to Walsall under Slade when we were 0-3 down at halftime.
Once they left the club is a different matter depending on how they departed, so the player that I have given most serious hateful abuse to must be Harding - especially the first half at Elland Road when Seb Carole tore him a new one!

I remember that Walsall game for the pitiful defending by a certain David Livermore - He really did'nt give a sh*t!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hate? No, I don't think so, but disliking for being seriously useless I'd nominate Bertie Lutton, Dale Jasper and maybe Mark McCammon, and for being nobs I'd go for Leon Knight, CKR and Mickey Thomas.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
There is a big difference between "Hate" and being "Not very Good". Jon Obika semmed a genuinely nice guy, whereas Leon Knight has not been very polite since he left but was a good player for us. Hate is a very strong word but since they have left, I dislike CKR, Leon Knight, Micky (Small John) Thomas because they have less than nice.

Personally, I always felt that Gus had the charm of a poisonous snake and felt it would always end in tears. I can admire him but always found him rude.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Every single one who leaves. Traitors unless they are sold to lower league clubs.

Do you include Mark Beeney in that category? - The player we sold to Leeds and helped save the club

I have never hated any player of ours, there have been some that were crap (Graeme Smith for example, but he did spent most of the time off the pitch and in the back of the goal picking the ball up so close) but i'd still support them whilst they were in our squad or on the pitch and playing for us

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't say I've ever hated an Albion player. Strangely the most votes on this thread seem to go to Codner, I always liked him, he had real talent and when he was good I really enjoyed watching him. I'd suggest that Codner and Barnes are the players who have had the most terrace abuse. I like them both and never understood why they were singled out.

Players I had no time for:

Micky Thomas
Mick Ferguson
Robbie Savage
Andy Kennedy
Most of the non league Sussex players that Barry Lloyd brought in.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Hate is a strong word - I thought Hoyte was one of the worst players I've ever seen play. But I didn't hate him for it.

I think the only time I've ever lost it with a player during a game was after Hammond's pathetic celebration when he played for Southampton at the Withdean. Although he wasn't playing for us at the time, if I could use the word hate to describe my view of any Albion player - it would be him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here