Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most hated albion players

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Robert Codner was occasionally booed in his time with Brighton. Wasn't that he lacked the ability, just the application.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Gary Hart - horrible person, who by all accounts treated the youth-teamers appallingly. Personally heard him shout and scream at some young lad who misplaced a pass in a warmup.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Robert Codner was occasionally booed in his time with Brighton. Wasn't that he lacked the ability, just the application.

I remember a game at the Goldstone, 1990 I think, when there was a minutes silence being held. After about 30 seconds of absolute silence a sole voice rang out "F*ck off Codnor!"

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have not hated any player who has turned out for the Albion. They have all achieved something in life that a lot of us would love to have done.

How could you possibly hate Jon Obika ? I always thought the bloke did his best, it didn't cost us much, it didn't work out. Good luck to him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm not sure about 'hate' but Micky Thomas was a skiving, lazy, git.

Absolutely 1000% this.

Came for the money, often went AWOL because his girlfriend preferred North Wales to Sussex (but she was Micky Thomas's girlfriend, so her judgement was already in question), never played well, scored only one goal (and that was accidental, when a clearance hit him in the face and rebounded in - I sincerely hope it hurt) then buggered off to Stoke. Needless to say, he scored for them on his first appearance back at the Goldstone.

Horrible little man. Took the p*** and the dosh in equal measure.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm not sure I've ever hated a Brighton player, but Gary Chivers, for no reason whatsoever, made me angry.

Sorry to hear that. He's a good guy, very proud to have played for us, and will always remind anyone who cares to listen that he's the highest-scoring defender in Albion history. (No, I haven't checked either)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a childish post. We maybe have disliked certain players, but "hate"?

You're just showing your immaturity, young man.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Gary Hart - horrible person, who by all accounts treated the youth-teamers appallingly. Personally heard him shout and scream at some young lad who misplaced a pass in a warmup.
Can't comment on the incident you mention, but Gary worked at the school I work for for a few years. I never heard any child complain about his demeanour or coaching methods (unlike a few other coaches).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here