Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mortimer and Whitehouse - gone fishing

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I was slightly disappointed by the first episode in the new series. They have used the same ingredients that made the previous series’ so enjoyable but perhaps it’s time to move on a little and try some fresh ideas. Seemed like going through the motions. Maybe they are facing more severe health issues and it was just honest though. They definitely seem a bit sadder, so it’s understandable.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I was slightly disappointed by the first episode in the new series. They have used the same ingredients that made the previous series’ so enjoyable but perhaps it’s time to move on a little and try some fresh ideas. Seemed like going through the motions. Maybe they are facing more severe health issues and it was just honest though. They definitely seem a bit sadder, so it’s understandable.
I agree. I think they're over-egging the Ted thing too. Wasn't funny.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The series has morphed into some kind of support network for us oldies and this probably neatly fills a hole in the BBC’s output. It’s sad to see Bob Looking unusually aged/unwell. They are a great duo and it’s like going down the pub with them and chewing the cud. Whitehouse is quite serious and Mortimer is seriously funny.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I don't like fishing, but even at 47 I love it, for so many different reasons. Mainly it just let's me forget that there's so much shit going on in the world trying to barge it's way into my thoughts, here's two blokes and a dog fishing and just talking about their aches and pains as mates. It's simple, it's wholesome and makes me appreciate that I've got a group of mates like that and wouldn't swap them for anything.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Let’s have some death faced silence.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Bob has looked much healthier in recent TV appearances doing the promo. I’m guessing when this was filmed, it coincided with his health issues.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have not watched this much but tonight's episode is a crock of shite.. Whitehouse trys fly fishing for Bass ...when he should be using a top water and a lure rod. Then Lee Mack turns up as the alleged other " comedian " using a vegan Magnet fishing kit.... throwing it in and scaring every Bass for miles right off....then Paul goes after Wrasse.....why ? They are two a penny and inedible?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A last minute stand in, probably appearing in Weymouth??
It was genuinely cringeworthy....Mack espoused his desire to recover a wedding ring and return it to its owner while magnet fishing...Gold and Silver ain't magnetic ...so obviously he was pinning his hopes on tagging an iron Wedding Ring, not sure how many of those are lying around ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have not watched this much but tonight's episode is a crock of shite.. Whitehouse trys fly fishing for Bass ...when he should be using a top water and a lure rod. Then Lee Mack turns up as the alleged other " comedian " using a vegan Magnet fishing kit.... throwing it in and scaring every Bass for miles right off....then Paul goes after Wrasse.....why ? They are two a penny and inedible?
TBF wrasse fishing is great fun……and the big ones are buggers to get out of the rocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here