Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mortimer and Whitehouse - gone fishing

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
These water companies (and I put them ALL in this description) are a total fkin disgrace - just continuing to pump raw untreated sewage/shite into our rivers (because they’re allowed to in certain conditions still doesn’t make it right) and giving their officers-in-charge millions In bonuses. Just incredible they are still getting away with it as of today - Southern Water are probably the worst offender of the lot so will be interesting viewing on next weeks show.
Fergal Sharkey is doing his best and campaigning hard.

Government has trashed the environment agency and cut funding by 40% since 2010 in real terms. They have insufficient resources for enforcement.

Throw in the green light from MP's to pollute and its a toxic mix.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Fergal Sharkey is doing his best and campaigning hard.

Government has trashed the environment agency and cut funding by 40% since 2010 in real terms. They have insufficient resources for enforcement.

Throw in the green light from MP's to pollute and its a toxic mix.

I feel like I’m always giving your posts the angry emoji, and just want to be clear that I’m not angry that you’re posting this stuff, I’m angry that it’s true.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I feel like I’m always giving your posts the angry emoji, and just want to be clear that I’m not angry that you’re posting this stuff, I’m angry that it’s true.
I'm friggin angry too, getting fed up with self serving individuals that really couldn't give a shit. Feels like we're sliding backwards...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Magnificent news

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Love sea fishing, utterly superb and relaxing and you can eat what you catch if it's big enough. Went twice last week after 28 gigs in 18 days, literally felt myself wind down. Not keen on course fishing, they all taste like mud apart from trout and salmon obviously. How anyone can eat carp is beyond me...I have experienced it as a festive meal in Germany. I totally get the appeal of the surroundings but I prefer the Southwick Arm :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good solid start to the series, shameful attempt to derail the thread by the poster above

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
i’ve never ever been river fishing in my life, but every time I watch this programme l keep thing maybe l should give it a go.
Problem is l imagine it expensive to kit up for it.
PM me if you ever want to give it a go locally (Mid Sussex) - easy enough to sort out a guest ticket on one of the club waters and I’ve got plenty of kit (y)

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I hate to point out the emperor's new clothes as I have always admired Paul and Bob, but this new series is very annoying. It's lost all the charm of the original episodes by trying way too hard, and their heart to heart "conversations" are so obviously prompted by a director saying "OK so now give us some heart-warming insights into mortality". Everything good gets ruined when it's successful....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hate to point out the emperor's new clothes as I have always admired Paul and Bob, but this new series is very annoying. It's lost all the charm of the original episodes by trying way too hard, and their heart to heart "conversations" are so obviously prompted by a director saying "OK so now give us some heart-warming insights into mortality". Everything good gets ruined when it's successful....
Well l love it just as much as l ever did.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
i’ve never ever been river fishing in my life, but every time I watch this programme l keep thing maybe l should give it a go.
Problem is l imagine it expensive to kit up for it.
No it’s not. A hundred quid can get you going sea or fresh. All the expensive gear catches the fisherman not the fish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here