Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More rail strike (Jan) & can Amex travel sustain the affects of rail strikes long term?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep. Seems any solution that doesn’t involve the person being dropped, at a time of their choosing, within 100 yards of the concourse is unacceptable. I parked 25 mins walk away at Charlton last night so v similar to a home game and perfectly acceptable and normal - had similar distances to walk at most other grounds.
Yeah Villa Park is signed 'x minutes walk to the stadium'.
I think we bailed out of the car at the 20 minutes marker, round the corner from Gregg's!!!

All it takes is for 10 people to change their routine, for the better, and them to tell 10 others.
Suddenly a bus or train carriage has been freed up for those staying behind, from minimal effort.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Sorry but we’ve have 8 and 12 carriage trains to Portsmouth & Southampton this season so not sure why it isn’t possible on a Sunday
When? I explained in the other thread that services to Southampton cannot be 8 or even 12 car (they actually can't run 12 car services beyond Chichester because it draws too much power so have to run at a max of 45mph) because of the platform sharing operation at Southampton, meaning that services would have to operate via Platform 1 and 4 via the Southampton Goods Loop, which only a small amount of drivers at Barnham have route knowledge for. They also platform share with GWR at Portsmouth Harbour so there wouldn't be enough room to do so, I did see on tuesday this week they were running 8 car services to Southampton that divided at Barnham with the rear 4 heading back to Brighton, this was only possible I imagine as there was a surplus in drivers and stock because there was a broken rail at Preston Park meaning the whole LIT - VIC was pulled. The reason there is overcrowding on the West Coastway is because the West Worthing services were pulled just after the pandemic meaning there is a whole 2 less trains an hour on this route, and thats because there is a cost cutting obsession with the department of transport, which essentially means they have cut so many services that we basically have a non-functioning railway operation, without any of the companies being able to once they've identified the issues being able to fix it in anyway whatsoever. Like I said Southern have looked at it, but there is no spare drivers and no spare stock, so they can build a plan ask the DfT to implement it and they will just say no, and the same process will repeat again and again until these charlatans in control of these country are somehow ousted.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When? I explained in the other thread that services to Southampton cannot be 8 or even 12 car (they actually can't run 12 car services beyond Chichester because it draws too much power so have to run at a max of 45mph) because of the platform sharing operation at Southampton, meaning that services would have to operate via Platform 1 and 4 via the Southampton Goods Loop, which only a small amount of drivers at Barnham have route knowledge for. They also platform share with GWR at Portsmouth Harbour so there wouldn't be enough room to do so, I did on tuesday this week they were running 8 car services to Southampton that divided at Barnham with the rear 4 heading back to Brighton, this was only possible I imagine as there was a surplus in drivers and stock because there was a broken rail at Preston Park meaning the whole LIT - VIC was pulled. The reason there is overcrowding on the West Coastway is because the West Worthing services were pulled just after the pandemic meaning there is a whole 2 less trains an hour on this route, and thats because there is a cost cutting obsession with the department of transport, which essentially means they have cut so many services that we basically have a non-functioning railway operation, without any of the companies being able to once they've identified the issues being able to fix it in anyway whatsoever. Like I said Southern have looked at it, but there is no spare drivers and no spare stock, so they can build a plan ask the DfT to implement it and they will just say no, and the same process will repeat again and again until these charlatans in control of these country are somehow ousted.
That seemed to be said with feeling, l could sense your angst as l read it!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
That seemed to be said with feeling, l could sense your angst as l read it!
Well if it’s fully explained again I won’t have to read another thread where someone asks why there can’t be 8 carriages on Portsmouth and Southampton services again, the west Coastway everyday is a complete joke though. They need the West Worthing shuttles back but until the Dft decide we actually don’t need to carry passengers rather than leave them all stranded that won’t happen. You can’t reduce the services from 4tph to 2 and not expect it to be complete carnage.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here