Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No mate, I really was having a few beers and couldn't be bothered arguing the difference between a commodities trader and broker.
As if it makes a blind bit of difference? 'Oh yes, oh really..a broker you say? That's alright then, that changes everything. Suddenly all ukip's policies have arrived and the party is now a responsible political force for good and not a bunch of right wing bigots anymore'.

Out of interest what percentage of UKIP supporters do you believe to be right wing bigots?I will understand if you decline to comment.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Labour man apologised and was sacked. UKIP tweeter denies tweet is racist.

Your example was from 2010. UKIP supporters have made non stop racist comments this year or just this week. Farage needs to get a grip , if he wants UKIP to be a serious contender. He has a problem with racists who are attracted to his party.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Your example was from 2010. UKIP supporters have made non stop racist comments this year or just this week. Farage needs to get a grip , if he wants UKIP to be a serious contender. He has a problem with racists who are attracted to his party.

I've given a single example - there are plenty of others from the other parties including rape, assault and theft. I'm sure UKIP will also sack this candidate once they've had time to review what he said.

It appears UKIPs detractors want to hold them to a higher standard than the other parties. Doesn't really matter anyway - the poll in the Sunday Times today has UKIP now ahead of Labour and the Tories in third so quite clearly the snipping etc hasn't had any negative effect.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Out of interest what percentage of UKIP supporters do you believe to be right wing bigots?I will understand if you decline to comment.

A percentage? Thats a bit juvenile, and impossible to say. It's the party themselves that have a far right trend. Just today yet another ukip candidate is in hot water after suggesting 'Lenny Henry should leave Britain, he doesn't have to live with the whites'.
Defend that, although I'll understand if you decline to comment.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Its not, its responding to yet more whinging , this time from a washed up unfunny 'comedian' who has for the past few years only got any TVwork because he IS black.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Its not, its responding to yet more whinging , this time from a washed up unfunny 'comedian' who has for the past few years only got any TVwork because he IS black.

Really so therefore Premier Inn must have broken the rules with their adverts if the job description was black people only apply...........

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
A percentage? Thats a bit juvenile, and impossible to say. It's the party themselves that have a far right trend. Just today yet another ukip candidate is in hot water after suggesting 'Lenny Henry should leave Britain, he doesn't have to live with the whites'.

I'll defend it ..... slightly. He was responding to Henry's suggestion that there should be some sort of "positive" discrimination to ensure a better black representation in the top end arts. I don't defend what the candidate said but the idea of positive discrimination be it all women short lists or the police policy of favouring minority candidates for promotion just so organisations have a better "representation" of those groups is repugnant.

That said this UKIP candidate is unlikely to be a candidate by the end of the day.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I've given a single example - there are plenty of others from the other parties including rape, assault and theft. I'm sure UKIP will also sack this candidate once they've had time to review what he said.

It appears UKIPs detractors want to hold them to a higher standard than the other parties. Doesn't really matter anyway - the poll in the Sunday Times today has UKIP now ahead of Labour and the Tories in third so quite clearly the snipping etc hasn't had any negative effect.

I understand you now. In a political atmosphere where all political parties are party to rape, assault, theft and racial views there is a place for UKIP. Maybe they should get you to pen their Election Campaign. Sort your snipping and sniping out first though. :smile:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bore off you utter drip, we both know full well that there is a vast amount of tokenism in advertising.

Bore off, is that it ?

Basically you are saying people only get certain jobs for being black, does that work the other way in your idealistic world.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying.

So just to clarify, certain jobs only ever go to either black people or white people and there is no employment law about equal opportunities ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

I will never defend a racist but you should really look into the whole context of a discussion before wetting your panties.As for asking a percentage i fail to see how that is a juvenile question,and its not impossible to answer as you claim.There are plenty of polls out there available to the public where you can find the breakdown of UKIP supporters. You alluded in an earlier post UKIP supporters were right wing bigots.........so ill ask again what percentage to you believe this to be......is it all?.....is it half?.....is it two thirds?.......not a hard question is it?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So just to clarify, certain jobs only ever go to either black people or white people and there is no employment law about equal opportunities ?

In fairness i dont think you can get to be head of the Black Police Federation if you are white

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just to clarify,you know as well as I do that certain jobs go to black people because of their colour,of course its not official policy, or perhaps you don't,you live a cosseted existence in the racial melting pot that is rottingdean, oh i forgot, you once lived in Birmingham for a couple of months, my bad, you're now the font of all knowledge on race matters........from Brighton.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'll defend it ..... slightly. He was responding to Henry's suggestion that there should be some sort of "positive" discrimination to ensure a better black representation in the top end arts. I don't defend what the candidate said but the idea of positive discrimination be it all women short lists or the police policy of favouring minority candidates for promotion just so organisations have a better "representation" of those groups is repugnant.

That said this UKIP candidate is unlikely to be a candidate by the end of the day.

I know why he said it, it's just what he said was wrong and extremely racist. This is the problem, some members of the public are considering voting for candidates such and the many in ukip that have recently committed a faux pas such as this. When those same members of the public would never consider voting for the BNP. They do so IMO because of a paranoia about the EU. This is how the rise of the far right start. Too many seem to be apathetic when it comes to ukip's views and beliefs other than the debate on the EU, even though those far right views are intertwined with twisting the EU debate to make it all about the Polish Plummer, Ignoring facts and pretending its nothing to do with companies that employ 30million in this country that would not have to conform to EU employment laws and put millions of jobs wages and families at risk.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just to clarify,you know as well as I do that certain jobs go to black people because of their colour,of course its not official policy, or perhaps you don't,you live a cosseted existence in the racial melting pot that is rottingdean, oh i forgot, you once lived in Birmingham for a couple of months, my bad, you're now the font of all knowledge on race matters........from Brighton.

You are quite wrong in your assumptions as I lived in Birmingham for 5 years and do not live in Rottingdean, one thing is very clear though I do not have the same bigoted views.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Really so therefore Premier Inn must have broken the rules with their adverts if the job description was black people only apply...........

I lke the Premier Inn product. Good value, clean quiet hotels, decent breakfasts. What puts me off is Lenny Henry in their ads. Probably the least funny "comedian" in the country.

Oh, and if he doesn't like stuff about this country, then indeed he should consider going to live somewhere else. We all have that option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports