Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More great Work from ukip

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There will be a big protest vote for UKIP its what they do afterwards which will keep/lose them and all the 3 main parties will lose votes to them

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Another worried Labour/conservative voter. This never ending national panic of squirming anti-UKIP clowns is getting boring now

I don't give a monkeys about the Tories and Labour. What I do care about is this ukip nonsensical propaganda that somehow the EU is to blame for all that is wrong with the uk.
What I do give a monkeys about are Jobs and workers rights. If we left the EU, the EU laws that are called 'red tape' by big corporation bosses, will be cut. Then the race to the bottom of jobs and pay will push the uk backwards. Farage goes on about the 'British people' yet this idea that leaving the EU will suddenly give power jobs and money to the working man in the street, is quite the opposite. Farage is the friend of the fat cat, not the people. Most people that vote ukip don't even know why they do. Because the reasons they state are always an imaginary fear of Europe. It's all bull.
What is frightening is the amount of people that live in a Daily Mail state of fear and feel ukip will ease their fears. That is how the far right grows, by preying on fear.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
I don't give a monkeys about the Tories and Labour. What I do care about is this ukip nonsensical propaganda that somehow the EU is to blame for all that is wrong with the uk.
What I do give a monkeys about are Jobs and workers rights. If we left the EU, the EU laws that are called 'red tape' by big corporation bosses, will be cut. Then the race to the bottom of jobs and pay will push the uk backwards. Farage goes on about the 'British people' yet this idea that leaving the EU will suddenly give power jobs and money to the working man in the street, is quite the opposite. Farage is the friend of the fat cat, not the people. Most people that vote ukip don't even know why they do. Because the reasons they state are always an imaginary fear of Europe. It's all bull.
What is frightening is the amount of people that live in a Daily Mail state of fear and feel ukip will ease their fears. That is how the far right grows, by preying on fear.

Are you for real?! Or do you live in an ivory tower away from reality?!!
Whilst the cliche of your now local friendly Polish plumber turning up on time with a better work ethic may well be true in some cases the fact of the matter is that 'cheap' immigrant labour from within the EU has undoubtedly helped to keep wages lower and at the same time keep the cost of property - whether renting or buying - higher than it may have been prior to the influx over the last decade or so! How can either jobs or housing NOT be affected with 2.5 million arrivals coming in especially when the the last 6+ years have been a time of recession and we are building nowhere near enough houses?!

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Whilst the cliche of your now local friendly Polish plumber turning up on time with a better work ethic may well be true in some cases the fact of the matter is that 'cheap' immigrant labour from within the EU has undoubtedly helped to keep wages lower and at the same time keep the cost of property - whether renting or buying - higher than it may have been prior to the influx over the last decade or so! How can either jobs or housing NOT be affected with 2.5 million arrivals coming in especially when the the last 6+ years have been a time of recession and we are building nowhere near enough houses?!

Spot on for the 1st time we have areal alternative in this country, eu has bleeding us dry for years

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

The majority of the influx is from those outside the EU. The scenario about your polish Plummer, does not go away. The NHS might have a problem if foreign workers dried up wouldn't they? Leaving the EU is not going to increase anyone's wages! It will add to the race to the bottom. This is the thing, fear. Fear of the Polish Plummer.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Does he still work as a commodities trader then?

No, and he never has , he's always been a broker, which is totally different, if you're using his job as a stick to beat him with, the least you could do is be correct in your description instead of making the sort of crass generalisation which I've seen you castigate people for before now.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
No, and he never has , he's always been a broker, which is totally different, if you're using his job as a stick to beat him with, the least you could do is be correct in your description instead of making the sort of crass generalisation which I've seen you castigate people for before now.

Splitting heirs IMO.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
1) If the Daily Telegraph (and the rest of the media it seems) refers to him as an ex city trader) , I think it's reasonable to refer to him as such.
2) For the purpose of the question asked it doesn't matter if he's a trader or a broker, it's his close ties to the city that are the issue.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'd be grateful if you could qualify that statement ? Explain exactly how I'm splitting HAIRS ? Perhaps you could define why his role as a broker in the commodity markets contributed to the explosion of easy credit and complex financial instruments in the mortgage bond market ?

Sorry I'll let someone else take up that mantle. I'm having a few beers. Farage is a hypocritical tool and more and more will come out about him and his far right mates. Laters.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
1) If the Daily Telegraph (and the rest of the media it seems) refers to him as an ex city trader) , I think it's reasonable to refer to him as such.
2) For the purpose of the question asked it doesn't matter if he's a trader or a broker, it's his close ties to the city that are the issue.

I think the media will refer him to anything just to score points, this is all rather boring can we get back to being a footy board and you disappear to the conservative, labour, lib dem equivalent where all your bluster soap box preaching will be more appreciated ... :albion2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The most worrying thing about ukip is the amount of Tory voters they will gain meaning they could be responceable for the ed's getting in. And if they do we are in huge trouble, if you think the reccesion was bad under Brown? Wait and see what these muppets will do.

The reality of the situation is nothing much will change , Labour will turn out to be a ConDem clone as they take a middle of the road approach.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There will be a big protest vote for UKIP its what they do afterwards which will keep/lose them and all the 3 main parties will lose votes to them

The LibDems are on the way to becoming a fringe party if you believe the opinion polls.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ah, so when it suits you whatever the media prints is gospel ? As for his 'close' ties to the city , they are no different to labours ties to the trade unions, and they arent that close anyway, farage has never been in any great position of authority , he was a broker on the LME.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Ah, so when it suits you whatever the media prints is gospel ? As for his 'close' ties to the city , they are no different to labours ties to the trade unions, and they arent that close anyway, farage has never been in any great position of authority , he was a broker on the LME.

What do you mean when it suits me, you're nottrying to deflect from the fact of how Farage is described by such left leaning anti business pro Eu papers as the Telegraph ?
Farage's ties to the city are relevant. His father worked in the city, he worked in the city , his brother worked in the city. He is a city man and returning to the original question , how differently do you think a Farage led UKIP govt (shudder) would have regulated the city before the banking crisis and do you think they would have had a tighter regulation of the banking sector?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Having a few beers ? Basically a get out clause when you have no credible response.

No mate, I really was having a few beers and couldn't be bothered arguing the difference between a commodities trader and broker.
As if it makes a blind bit of difference? 'Oh yes, oh really..a broker you say? That's alright then, that changes everything. Suddenly all ukip's policies have arrived and the party is now a responsible political force for good and not a bunch of right wing bigots anymore'.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Now we have the Lenny henry should emigrate to a black country tweet. I am all for getting rid off Lenny Henry for being annoying but not on racial terms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here