Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More flair than flair??????

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I could imagine him going to Bayern Munich, simply because Pep Guardola (sp?) is going/has gone there. An incredible coup if we do, he looks like a young Messi/Ronaldo hybrid.

Because he'll really get playing time there, versus Ribery, Robben, Shaqiri, Gotze, Muller, Mandzukic, probably Lewandowski, Pizarro and Kroos? + any other players they bring in/through this summer...

And I don't see why a big club would want to bring through a Barca player, who will definitely go back to them and make them a better team - surely most clubs would prefer to focus on their own talent? It works for a team like Tottenham I guess, who are a bit lightweight up front, but Arsenal & Chelsea have loads of young and experience wide/attacking players...

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
They do know each other, Oscar was his manager when Deulofeu was in the FCB youth side so why not?

"....The Juvenil A squad, where Deulofeu played last season, heard the good news while returning by coach from their match in Zaragoza (1-3). Manager Oscar Garcia told us that Deulofeu’s former teammates applauded loudly on hearing the news on their way back home." http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football...s-his-first-goal-and-deulofeu-makes-his-debut

[tweet]276941631092051968[/tweet]

Oscar-Garcia-con-Deulofeu-en-u_54375949385_54115221155_600_244.jpg

Oscar Garcia Junyent , former Barca player and former coach of Juvenil A Barca, stressed Thursday in The Network Ràdio that " Gerard Deulofeu Second Division has become too small. "..."if both Deulofeu and technicians believe they can not play many minutes in the first team and the two parties are interested to leave, they must find a team where he can play a lot, which can take minutes to become the player we all hope to be. " Oscar , who had the young crack under him in blaugrana stage, added that " Gerard is very young, has time to grow and hopefully grow than many expect to grow up to be the player with the highest levels you can be. " http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130...nyent-deulofeu-hermano-roger_54375948096.html

timthumb.jpg

http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/youth/oscar-garcia-i-want-to-make-history-at-barca/

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If Oscar somehow pulls this off, I genuinely believe we'll be promoted.

Deulofeu, even at 19, is so much better than anything else in the Championship (and a fair part of the Prem, for that matter) it would almost be unfair.

Gus who?

Robski

Oct 6, 2010
Worthing
Would be a ridiculous signing if Oscar/Bloom could pull this off.

But the question that needs answering is: How would he cope with playing on a cold wet January evening in Stoke?! :jester:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If Oscar somehow pulls this off, I genuinely believe we'll be promoted.

Deulofeu, even at 19, is so much better than anything else in the Championship (and a fair part of the Prem, for that matter) it would almost be unfair.

Gus who?

That's the sort of post that makes me think he shouldn't come here, Ridiculous expectations.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That's the sort of post that makes me think he shouldn't come here, Ridiculous expectations.

He is good enough to justify them.

That said I do think it very unlikely that he'll come here, but I'd love it if he did.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Because he'll really get playing time there, versus Ribery, Robben, Shaqiri, Gotze, Muller, Mandzukic, probably Lewandowski, Pizarro and Kroos? + any other players they bring in/through this summer...

Ignoring that Pep's there...who's to say he won't get a run in the team? I didn't say he is, hence why I said "I could imagine". Re-read it, then read it again when you're considering a sarky comment. The kid may also be lured by playing with such players under Pep.
Ignoring that Pep's there...who's to say he won't get a run in the team? I didn't say he is, hence why I said "I could imagine". Re-read it, then read it again when you're considering a sarky comment. The kid may also be lured by playing with such players under Pep.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
It would be a serious statement of intent by OGJ if he managed to pull this off. Only good could come from it, but we'd best not get carried away, eh? If Gerard does turn up at the Amex, we are not guaranteed to win the title by 10 points and reach the FA cup final. It would be serious flair though, if it happened :)

Last edited:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As much as l would welcome it l wouldn't get too carried away. The quality of Matej Vydra?, I don't think so, not initially anyway. The kid is only 19 remember so he won't be hitting the ground running so to speak. It will take him a while to adjust to the physicality and the pace of the English game.

Haha, he's MUCH better than Vydra, which is why we have ZERO chance of getting him. Can't believe people have only just heard of him too. This kid isn't going to be far behind Messi for talent. His attitude is the only bit of him that needs working on.

And as for joining Pep at Bayern, no way would Barca consider that, despite how incompetent the current board are.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
After watching that video I am pretty sure we have NO CHANCE. The kid is simply too good for us and too good for anyone in this country outside the top 5/6 in the prem.

I'd love to be proved wrong mind.

Watching that video was like watching the goal of the season contenders! The guy is incredible. He okay like Messi but runs and looks a little like Torres.

If this is the sort of player OG wants/is going for, we are on the verge of something truly cosmic!!!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
So this attacking formation that Oscar likes, is it 2-3-5 or 3-3-4?
To say Barca will let him go on loan as long as he plays may weigh a bit heavy on his young shoulders, especially over a 46 game season.
I know every available foreigner is going to be linked with us, but I don't feel another forward is what we need at this time.

Que?....linked up with Ullao.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here