Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mooy sings!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant! A great signing... now get a striker in...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Terrific news. Mooy completely fits GPs possession style and when he’s on his game he makes us tick.

That said I agree with a few of the lone voices here that suggested he can do a bit better. A guy with his ability is clearly capable of more goals and assists.

But very happy to have Aaron with us for a few more years, and we’re a good fit for him too I think.

Of course he can do better but not as a winger

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm not convinced that all this outpouring of positivity is justified, he's been a big part of a team struggling to score goals. He's weighed in with 2 and put in some good performances, but at 29 I think a contract taking up to being 33 is very generous. He was a big part of the Huddersfield team which was, let's all be honest, completely rubbish last season. I wasn't a fan of his before he signed, he's better than I thought he was but I think any talk of him being "our best player" is crazy.

their fans will tell you he was their best player.

Hes one of our most creative players to, we play better with him in the team.

You could've put Ronaldo in that Huddersfield team and they were still going down!

Skoda_htafc

Sep 1, 2017
We were terrible last year no matter who we had we were going down so much went wrong from the top all way down to playing squad it is mental. We wasted our PL opportunity. But you lot have got a steal In mooy best player I seen in a town shirt and in 2 years time I'm sure many of your younger fans will say same. Good luck to the lad hope he does well. Also says a lot about him as a person the fact he signed a contract with us In July when he knew he could of left for free this year. All I can say as a huddersfield fan is top bloke, top player and enjoy watching him

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

You could've put Ronaldo in that Huddersfield team and they were still going down!

Sadly they could well be saying that about us next season.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
So 7 million in total isn't a bad bit of business in this league, no he's settled in I expect a full head of hair and a nice tan before the west ham game.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Give him the No10’shirt and sign another player who can hit the 90% of the goal the keepers not standing in

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

Because we lack creativity and/or because Mooy has stood out as a class act in our better performances, he’s now man marked en masse eg Villa and the Blades targeted him, he wasn’t given a second.

If he was surrounded by other quality threats, opponents wouldn’t have it so easy in targeting Mooy.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
This.

Because we lack creativity and/or because Mooy has stood out as a class act in our better performances, he’s now man marked en masse eg Villa and the Blades targeted him, he wasn’t given a second.

If he was surrounded by other quality threats, opponents wouldn’t have it so easy in targeting Mooy.
In which case another player should be free? Trossard/AJ with space to work in?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
That's a great signing and sign (as in he has faith in us remaining in the Premier League). In these days of crazy cash, the transfer fee is an amazing bit of business.

Well done, Potter. Now get Kelechi Iheanacho from Leicester, who would guarantee goals. Ambitious yes, but if he wants to play every week........

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
give him the no10’shirt

*a-hem* :angry:

ale.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
From Huddersfield newspaper:

“while a figure of £5m has been reported in sections of the media, ExaminerLive understand the package - taking into account the significant loan fee already paid by Brighton and Mooy's wages they've taken on board - is well north of that amount.”

You don't normally take those things into account when talking about a transfer fee, do you?

Hudds press are scraping the barrel to make it sound like we didn't get an absolute bargain. :thumbsup:

The loan fee is absolutely fair enough to include in your thinking. If Fulham are paying us a £5m loan fee, with an agreed further £5m at the end of the season, to make it permanent, I'd be happy to accept that we effectively 'sold him for £10m'.

The same applies here.

Trying to include the WAGES they've avoided paying (while he plays elsewhere) is absolute nonsense, though!

I think - think - that Man City have a got a sell on clause with Mooy, hence moving a player on with a huge loan fee and a much smaller sale price will reduce the liability under the sell on clause quite considerably.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were FFP and tax implications too, although can't think what those might be off the top of my non-expert head

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A wonderful signing and the oldest player we have signed since Murray returned.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But of course what it DOES do is free up a loan slot.

When I heard the news that we'd signed Mooy permanently, I was very much 'eh, so what?' I don't mean that in a disparaging way, just that he has been playing for us all season, it was largely expected to be a loan to buy deal anyway. There's no difference to our playing squad prior to the deal.

But I hadn't considered the loan spots, so I suppose that is something to cling to - that the club had a reason for doing it now rather than the end of the season. Something could be on the horizon... Of course, we'll find out by next week if that is wasted optimism.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I heard the news that we'd signed Mooy permanently, I was very much 'eh, so what?' I don't mean that in a disparaging way, just that he has been playing for us all season, it was largely expected to be a loan to buy deal anyway. There's no difference to our playing squad prior to the deal.

But I hadn't considered the loan spots, so I suppose that is something to cling to - that the club had a reason for doing it now rather than the end of the season. Something could be on the horizon... Of course, we'll find out by next week if that is wasted optimism.

I get where you’re coming from. Hence why this thread isn’t vast.

But better to get this resolved now, and it reveals optimism from Mooy about our immediate future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here