Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I read it as ‘I’m not gonna go anywhere in Jan’ but admit players quotes are often generic. The repaying the club that ‘opened doors’ for him seemed a bit different but maybe it’s my positive thinking on it.
I think he meant it when he said it. But maybe things change quickly when the actual bids come in and you’ve got a leech… sorry, agent… who spies a huge payday.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
No shit the club aren’t happy. Its exhausting enough from a fan’s perspective, can’t imagine how tiresome it is to Bloom that these pricks are doing all this underhanded scumbag tactics to try to poach the players.
We seem to be the nursery now for the big three London clubs. Thats White, Biss, Cucu and Tross all gone to the Metropolis and looking like Caicedo could be heading there, if not in this window, certainly in the next.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's the "Rich 7" as Newcastle now have the cash to buy our players too.
But still, if you’d told me we’d be rejecting a £60m offer from any team for any one of our players as recently as the Hughton era, I’d be sending Nurse and the heavies around to take you away.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As the club try to low ball for a player at a Ukrainian club...
The difference is most of the information about our transfers appears to come from the selling clubs. We play it pretty quiet and respectful. We don’t appear to push lowball figures out there purely to unsettle players. It’s also a lot less likely that a player already a lot a high level is going to want to down tools and drop everything for his ‘dream move’ to the Amex. We usually have to persuade them.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It's the "Rich 7" as Newcastle now have the cash to buy our players too.
Interesting to see what happens when the ' big cats ' in Europe raise the subject of the Super League again ( which they will ) Can they ignore the growing presence of Newcastle. Will they ditch Tottenham?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If all the players start to "honour their contracts", the club can't sell players and the whole PL thing turns very unsustainable and bankruptcy will be around the corner. And if Tony Bloom states "we're gonna hold players back from achieving their dreams", Brighton will only be able to sign shit players with not ambition.
Your advice is like begging to turn into Portsmouth.

What nonsense.

There's plenty of ways to create revenue other than selling all your best players.

You can make a hell of a lot more money from building your brand through continued success which leads to greater brand recognition than you can get from flogging off your best players and eventually ending up down the bottom of the table.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The difference is most of the information about our transfers appears to come from the selling clubs. We play it pretty quiet and respectful. We don’t appear to push lowball figures out there purely to unsettle players. It’s also a lot less likely that a player already a lot a high level is going to want to down tools and drop everything for his ‘dream move’ to the Amex. We usually have to persuade them.
Does it? I've not seen anything from Shaktar on Matviyenko. They clearly value him at £20m+ and we've supposedly bid £10m and £14m. I'm not seeing how that is different to Arsenal offering £60m for Caicedo?

Think we need to be careful not to be too hypocritical attacking clubs trying to sign our players, while at the same time submitting multiple bids to land our own January signing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What nonsense.

There's plenty of ways to create revenue other than selling all your best players.

You can make a hell of a lot more money from building your brand through continued success which leads to greater brand recognition than you can get from flogging off your best players and eventually ending up down the bottom of the table.
Not realistic.

Brighton won't turn into one of the three or four clubs in the world that manages to keep all the best players. You can accept this or be bothered by it, your choice really.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not realistic.

Brighton won't turn into one of the three or four clubs in the world that manages to keep all the best players. You can accept this or be bothered by it, your choice really.

You must lead a life of low expectations.

Leicester proves you wrong though.

You don't have to hold onto them for their careers but you need to hold onto them to actually build a successful winning team.

The fact we've beaten most of the teams in the top 5 shows what the squad is capable of if kept together.

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
Mail reporting he's likely to force a move and is desperate to join Arsenal

And at no point in that article is there anything remotely resembling a quote from his agents or himself alluding to him "considering handing in a transfer request to force through £60m move to Arsenal or Chelsea"

Column filling, clickbait bullplop with no source.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

You don't have to hold onto them for their careers but you need to hold onto them to actually build a successful winning team.

The fact we've beaten most of the teams in the top 5 shows what the squad is capable of if kept together.
Yes I do. Low expectations are great.

Leicester doesn't prove me wrong. Kante, Fofana, Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell... Clearly they sell their best players. Like everyone else other than 3 or 4 teams in the world.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Look where Leicester are now though.

Fought too hard to keep players like Mahrez and about to lose Tielemans on a free in the summer because their production line ground to a halt due to them trying to keep hold of their best players.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes I do. Low expectations are great.

Leicester doesn't prove me wrong. Kante, Fofana, Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell... Clearly they sell their best players. Like everyone else other than 3 or 4 teams in the world.

So selling their best players has lead to them being shit house and down the bottom third of the table.

That's what happens when you keep losing your best players.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If he has any sense he won’t put a transfer request in, he’ll stay until the end of the season and then join a club in the summer with less pressure on him and a pre season adjusting to his new surroundings. But there again, his agent won’t be thinking this.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm pretty philosophical about player sales usually and where we are in the world. I don't get that attached to players, I was far more upset about Potter going than any player sale in recent years for example so usually this sort of thing would not bother me and I fully expected Caicedo to go in the summer. If he goes this January though, I will be really, really, really f***ed off.

I really hope the club put their foot down and say no to any of these offers this month no matter how ridiculous. We'll still get a hell of a lot of money in the summer but will hopefully be in Europe by then and have a replacement lined up. If Caicedo, as a 21 year old with less than one year's Premier League's experience under his belt, can't wait till then and tries to force this, then he's an idiot and I hope we do make it clear to him he isn't going anywhere. I really hope the club stick to what they've come out and said today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here