Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Leicester is a good example here i think because they kept their best players long enough to achieve something massive . Their only problem was trying to keep them when they wanted to move on , we on the other hand seem to let anyone who wants out - go when they want . We need to be somewhere between the two if we are to actually challenge for a Europa place each season . And the worst problem with Caicedo leaving this month would be that we would not get anywhere near our true valuation . We really have to say not this window and mean it , tell Edu if he keeps getting in our players ear in this window , we will guarantee he will be last in the cue in July .
They kept hold of Kante for a single season before they sold him to Chelsea.

487859u5.png
Only respectful news source in football tbh is sky, yes they report request bids etc but dont think i have seen them shit stir.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leicester is a good example here i think because they kept their best players long enough to achieve something massive . Their only problem was trying to keep them when they wanted to move on , we on the other hand seem to let anyone who wants out - go when they want . We need to be somewhere between the two if we are to actually challenge for a Europa place each season . And the worst problem with Caicedo leaving this month would be that we would not get anywhere near our true valuation . We really have to say not this window and mean it , tell Edu if he keeps getting in our players ear in this window , we will guarantee he will be last in the cue in July .
Something that is patently not true.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dharmesh was on SSN a short while ago doing his best to sell the Arsenal bid as a great one. It's 60 million guaranteed! Not add ons! That's a record for them! That's more than the 57m they got upfront for Cucurella in the summer! ll while completely ignoring the reports pushed through the media (including SSN) that the price tag was 75M and 100m (depending on the day).

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Something that is patently not true.
Trossard wanted out - he went , and the club has said many times they will not stand in the way of a player leaving if it suits us and them , with Trossard he and his agent made it impossible for us to play him again , so he had to go . Although he would be on the U21s bench if it were up to me .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What would amaze me would be anyone on here became either surprised or angry if he does a Cucarella or a Trossard… We should know how it all works nowadays..
It will be the summer now for 75/80m I would think.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is he the Biss replacement? He played along side Biss last season, we’ve shunted Macalister deeper into the Bissouma role.
I wouldn’t say we haven’t missed them Trossard would of definitely took one of the two March chances last Saturday and we possibly win the game.
Yes but had Tross been in the side and not March we may have already been 0-2 down. We can never call these things.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Does it? I've not seen anything from Shaktar on Matviyenko. They clearly value him at £20m+ and we've supposedly bid £10m and £14m. I'm not seeing how that is different to Arsenal offering £60m for Caicedo?

Think we need to be careful not to be too hypocritical attacking clubs trying to sign our players, while at the same time submitting multiple bids to land our own January signing.
I think it’s extremely unlikely that we’ve released the information that we made a bid, the size of that bid and that it was rejected. Doesn’t ring true. The fact it’s below their valuation is just negotiation. The difference is it’s not a derisory bid made public with the specific intent of unsettling the player. Perhaps his agent has put it out there which would be a similar situation - but it’s still not like Chelsea, where the club is clearly briefing favoured journalists directly in an attempt to force a transfer request. We’re not Chelsea/Arsenal or the like. Even if the club DID put that information out, is a player at Shakthar’s level going to make trouble just to join us? Seems unlikely. The real pull in this case would be RDZ I suppose, but I can’t imagine he’s got the Twitter hacks on speed dial either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trossard wanted out - he went , and the club has said many times they will not stand in the way of a player leaving if it suits us and them , with Trossard he and his agent made it impossible for us to play him again , so he had to go . Although he would be on the U21s bench if it were up to me .
Justifying your wrong assertion with the most recent transfer which quite clearly was a deal that suited the club and player seems odd.

Every single transfer, including Trossards, point to the deal not happening until the club is happy.
Cucu, Biss (for whom Villa was flat out refused) White.

I guess you could say the exception that proves the rule could be Burn.
Feel free to be the first person on NSC to write that was a poor deal.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Have a beer and calm down dude , cos that wasn`t patronising at all .

I simply have a view the same as you , if you think Cucu requesting a transfer or Trossard and Comhair was our tactics and in line with the club being happy then that is some thinking out of the box tactics that should be put back in the damn box .

As for you incorrectly making assumptions on my part re: BDB , i felt the same way as most , good luck to him .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Fraudizo Romano is a f*cking cancer. Constant posts and stories on the behalf of Arsenal and Chelshit fans to unsettle players.

I legit hate the man.
Bit over the top! Why let him get to you so much?

At the end of the day, if these journalists are as shit as a lot of people on here say they are, then you’ve nothing to worry about. He can’t make Arsenal bid for a player, Tony Bloom accept an offer or a player hand in a transfer request. They’re really not that powerful.

Just let it go.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bit over the top! Why let him get to you so much?

At the end of the day, if these journalists are as shit as a lot of people on here say they are, then you’ve nothing to worry about. He can’t make Arsenal bid for a player, Tony Bloom accept an offer or a player hand in a transfer request. They’re really not that powerful.

Just let it go.
No it isn't. He's a parasite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here