Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Look where Leicester are now though.

Fought too hard to keep players like Mahrez and about to lose Tielemans on a free in the summer because their production line ground to a halt due to them trying to keep hold of their best players.

So they gradually got worse because they lost their best players.

The idea is to sell players like Trossard and Lamptey in order to keep the likes of MC and AMac together long enough to achieve something more than meeting low expectations.

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
What nonsense.

There's plenty of ways to create revenue other than selling all your best players.

You can make a hell of a lot more money from building your brand through continued success which leads to greater brand recognition than you can get from flogging off your best players and eventually ending up down the bottom of the table.
Completely agree! It wouldn't surprise me that our fan base has doubled within the last 6 months! The style of football, the quality of players, everyone's second favourite team in the Prem, international fans from Japan, South America and now Ireland..

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Leicester is a good example here i think because they kept their best players long enough to achieve something massive . Their only problem was trying to keep them when they wanted to move on , we on the other hand seem to let anyone who wants out - go when they want . We need to be somewhere between the two if we are to actually challenge for a Europa place each season . And the worst problem with Caicedo leaving this month would be that we would not get anywhere near our true valuation . We really have to say not this window and mean it , tell Edu if he keeps getting in our players ear in this window , we will guarantee he will be last in the cue in July .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We haven't missed any of them. This thread is about Bissouma's replacement who is better than Bissouma. Everyone we have sold so far has been replaced by someone better. The time to start worrying is when that stops.
Is he the Biss replacement? He played along side Biss last season, we’ve shunted Macalister deeper into the Bissouma role.
I wouldn’t say we haven’t missed them Trossard would of definitely took one of the two March chances last Saturday and we possibly win the game.

Last edited:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Leicester is a good example here i think because they kept their best players long enough to achieve something massive . Their only problem was trying to keep them when they wanted to move on , we on the other hand seem to let anyone who wants out - go when they want . We need to be somewhere between the two if we are to actually challenge for a Europa place each season . And the worst problem with Caicedo leaving this month would be that we would not get anywhere near our true valuation . We really have to say not this window and mean it , tell Edu if he keeps getting in our players ear in this window , we will guarantee he will be last in the cue in July .
It was kind of easy for Leicester to hold on to their players due to being in a relegation battle the season before. Bit of a risky strategy for us to follow I'd say.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Unless both his legs fall off west still get £75m+ Caicedo in the summer.

Caicedo could be the difference between finishing 5th and/or winning The FA Cup and finishing 9th with nothing to show for it. So take that £75 and add on the extra prize money we’d miss out on. Now calculate how much extra pull European football gives us (Nunez to Benfica for example) Now add on the fact the transfer window is almost closed and every team would up their prices because they know we’re desperate.

Now remember we’ve got one of the best gamblers in the world as chairman, a man who has refused to sell key players in January ever since Norwich wanted Elliott Bennett.

Now think logically how much that January fee would have to be. Nobody is paying that. He’s ours until the summer, fact.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
It was kind of easy for Leicester to hold on to their players due to being in a relegation battle the season before. Bit of a risky strategy for us to follow I'd say.
As things stand we have players coming together and playing easily some of the best football in the Prem , and we also have a bunch of very rich very lazy very talentless owners and managers who find it easier to throw some money at us and whisper sweet nothings and promises of bigger wages . Unless we are prepared to put up with this every single season we need to make a stand , i still think we should have handled the Trossard situation differently , instead of just giving him and his shitehawk agent , not to mention Arsenal exactly what THEY wanted when they wanted it .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here