Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
untrue, Tau wasn't given half a chance, he definitely wasn't dogshit.
He was (is) a talented and skillful player.... his issue, so I am told, is that he constantly refused to train or play in formations chosen by the coaching team, he wanted it all his way.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think this thread may get continually bounced…….

I mean Bissouma is great, but was nowhere near the level Caciedo is at when he first joined.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think this thread may get continually bounced…….

I mean Bissouma is great, but was nowhere near the level Caciedo is at when he first joined.

Thankfully it's not, but if NSC were mine I'd ban all single named threads and repost them in the 'singed' thread.

Each player has one thread.
A compendium of the good, the bad, and the ugly, all in one place.

Which brings me to the glaring issue with this one, the title should be:-

"Moises Caicedo - singed from C.S.D. Independiente del Valle".

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
BBC football correspondent for South America reckoned he was the best young talent on the continent.

If he'd have been Brazilian, I'm not sure we would have got him.

I thought he was clearly getting too excited about him. Perhaps he wasn't.

It was Tim Vickery who said if he was Brazilian he’d be worth £30+m

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
The Iranians told us Ali J needed to play every game and he was dogshit.
The South Africans told us Tau needed to play every game and he was dogshit.
The Ecuadorians told us Caicedo needed to play every game… and they were absolutely spot on.

The bloke is a f*cking monster. The fact we got him for £6,000,000 is almost insulting. Two of our goals today came after he won the ball. He’s genuinely the kind of player that makes you worry you’ve overrated every other good player we’ve had over the last 5 seasons.

What a fantastic quote. £6m is an unbelievable steal for this guy. Just shows the club is absolutely correct in it's approach to finding new players.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It was Tim Vickery who said if he was Brazilian he’d be worth £30+m

He also said that we would have had to have added a ‘zero’ to his cost. That’s £60m.

You simply can’t rule out him being worth that amount with the amount of potential he has.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thankfully it's not, but if NSC were mine I'd ban all single named threads and repost them in the 'singed' thread.

It's actually not a bad idea and has been discussed. The problem is the admin is a total PITA. The only way I could even think it would work is start a thread for each of the current squad and U23s and merge any other one that's subsequently bounced. But then what to do with former players (e.g. Dale Stephens driving offence), multiple transfer window targets (all that "hold the nerve" without the money shot) and players who may or may not leave without playing again for us (Connolly, who probably has the biggest thread now Ali J has left).

It would be [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 's decision but it would need some concerted effort from the mods and some discipline from NSC members. I'll just leave that thought there....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's actually not a bad idea and has been discussed. The problem is the admin is a total PITA. The only way I could even think it would work is start a thread for each of the current squad and U23s and merge any other one that's subsequently bounced. But then what to do with former players (e.g. Dale Stephens driving offence), multiple transfer window targets (all that "hold the nerve" without the money shot) and players who may or may not leave without playing again for us (Connolly, who probably has the biggest thread now Ali J has left).

It would be [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] 's decision but it would need some concerted effort from the mods and some discipline from NSC members. I'll just leave that thought there....

Could amend the current title of this thread surely

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is a reason why Ecuador have automatically qualified for the WC ahead of nations like Colombia and Chile, and it's not because they have prolific strikers, a world class keeper or centre back pairing. Caicedo is a big player for them, and I was genuinely surprised he was loaned out to binner club Beerschot.

The fact he has weathered that and then taken his Albion chance speaks volumes for his character.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That's exactly what I'm going to once this season ends. Well part of it anyway.

I'll create some extra thread categories...

- Current Squad
- Albion old boys

...with threads assigned to each of those as is appropriate at the time, and moved from the first to the second when they leave.

So, if you want to find all threads relating to the current squad, you just need to select the to-be-created filter on the forum page...

Screenshot 2022-05-01 at 11.36.09.png

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
[tweet]1520493166411010049[/tweet]

….more generally, Latin American twitter is going batshit mental about him.

Watched this 20x. What a brilliant 6 seconds clip, nicks the ball off the Wolves player and then when 2 players are about to tackle, cheeky little backheel to Tross.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If he plays the majority of next season in similar fashion to his recent run of games, people outside of BHAFC will take a lot of notice at how good he is. For a 20 year old to play with such confidence, ability, and impact in a Premier league midfield is so impressive.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

It can work. A much busier forum (autosport.com F1) put a very similar policy in place a few years back and it's worked.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

***cough***

***cough***

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here