Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing went wrong for him in Belgium. He kept it ticking over in a crap team that ended up relegated. Oddly it’s probably moders injury thst just opened the door for him. And now we have the luxury of 40 points it won’t be a gamble to play him (and hopefully Sarmiento and Ferguson)

Why was a gamble to play a 20 year old full international, with 20 caps and 2 goals, who's helped his national team to qualify for the world cup?

Why are you likening Ferguson (17) to him, he has played 5 (five) games for the Irish u21's, and yet to score?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He has been fantastic in his 3 starts. Probably done enough to warrant playing in every game for the remainder of the season. He has shown ability to sit and break up play and move forward and create. We could have unearthed a real gem

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Weirdly I think yesterday was his best performance so far. At least the most illuminating without Biss along side him. Looks like he could have it all this kid.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why was a gamble to play a 20 year old full international, with 20 caps and 2 goals, who's helped his national team to qualify for the world cup?

Why are you likening Ferguson (17) to him, he has played 5 (five) games for the Irish u21's, and yet to score?

We've had a poor record at home, we have a chance of our highest top flight finish - and on several threads people just want to use the remaining games as experiments? :shrug:

I don't get it. We need to give the home crowd something to cheer about. Whether you come from my end of the glass or the other.

These last 3 home games in particular need to be treated like they're cup finals. Home wins will feel like cup victories given how rare they've been. Now's not the time to start seeing if player A, B or C might be able to do a job, now is the time to play your absolute in form strongest XI.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Thanks, we recently binned our Now tv so can’t watch that. Had a brief search on YouTube but couldn’t find anything. Live, It looked like a Bobby Moore moment but I am wondering whether I have exaggerated it in my mind.

Can't post a link for some reason but there's a little highlights package that's free to watch on the sky sports website.

(It really is a magnificent tackle )

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Phenomenal challenge. What a player he's turning out to be.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
He has been fantastic in his 3 starts. Probably done enough to warrant playing in every game for the remainder of the season. He has shown ability to sit and break up play and move forward and create. We could have unearthed a real gem

Without wanting to be too critical of Potter, (and to be fair, he has admitted as much) he had probably done enough for Ecuador to warrant playing more games for us earlier on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Without wanting to be too critical of Potter, (and to be fair, he has admitted as much) he had probably done enough for Ecuador to warrant playing more games for us earlier on.
There was no rush though.
Even with our appalling home form, beyond giving the customers a lift it probably wouldn't have made much difference.

He'll still get a decent amount of game time, with the sun on his back, have a break and be ready to go again in August.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've had a poor record at home, we have a chance of our highest top flight finish - and on several threads people just want to use the remaining games as experiments? :shrug:

I don't get it. We need to give the home crowd something to cheer about. Whether you come from my end of the glass or the other.

These last 3 home games in particular need to be treated like they're cup finals. Home wins will feel like cup victories given how rare they've been. Now's not the time to start seeing if player A, B or C might be able to do a job, now is the time to play your absolute in form strongest XI.

Agreed.

Then add to that the almost fetishisation of Ferguson and it makes me wonder if fans are just desperate to find the next player to boooooo. :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

i have been promoting the idea of Caciedo getting a start for those reasons and for one particular poster ( can't remember who and can't be arsed to search ) they were not deemed adequate for him to start over the players already available.......looks like he's going to be a real asset next season , Ferguson as done close to nothing when being subbed on in the PL but at the age of 17 that is acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here