[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hasn't the club already said he will not go out on loan because we want to assess him? Does that imply that he might get game time before the end of the season?

Presuming it happens anyway..........
He could always do his settling down in the UK stint playing in the U23s - he's only 19 after all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Done

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
The announcement seems to say that he's staying at the Amex, rather than being loaned out!?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Excited about this signing. I very much hope he’ll be featuring in the first team within a few weeks.

On the basis that the last youngster we signed from South America wad Alexis MacAllister......... I’m excited too!!!:albion2:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
And now the story of my confidence that he was joining us can be told...

As many of you will know, I am still stuck with Border Force, despite my attempts to make a break for it as a photographer (curse you, Covid).

I was dropped a message from a colleague and mad keen football enthusiast the day before the South American travel ban. It seemed that the club’s lawyers had been in touch, asking what they would need to do to ensure Caicedo’s safe passage to the U.K. The matter was ultimately referred all the way up to HQ (as the club had initially just called the airport) and clearance was granted after a couple of hours.

Makes a pleasant change from having to shop Mr Ifejiagwa.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I found myself wondering if we could ever end up doing what Spurs did last night and field a starting 11 with no English players.

But then thought about our strongest back three - two Sussex born and one from Poole. That’s not going to happen for a while.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Seems an exciting propect. Good luck young man you will be well looked after by the club. AliMac is a good example how a young player was eased into Premier league football and is now making a real impact.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I found myself wondering if we could ever end up doing what Spurs did last night and field a starting 11 with no English players.

But then thought about our strongest back three - two Sussex born and one from Poole. That’s not going to happen for a while.

Well when Lamptey plays our back line is English and Big Rob is an honorary Englishman after being here for years so we have a good proportion of Englishmen in the side, indeed March, Dunk & Webster are Sussex lads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports