Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ulrick Ella singed days before he was announced due to being quarantined.

It'll be this + a marketing desire to have something to announce on Transfer Deadline Monday.

Announcement around midday on Monday is my guess.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Going to be facing a lot of competition from Jenks as well for pick of the ones coming through, and Jenks is 3yrs younger.

Completely agree and Molumby in midfield too (who’s on loan of course).

Really starting to see a compounding effect with all the young talent coming through now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I genuinely think Sanders is a outstanding prospect. He needs to play. We have to find him a loan as he’ll have no chance getting any playing time with us now.

He is 22 now, just a month younger than Mac Allister and six months younger than Alzate who already played 27 league games, couple of years older than Jenks, who has been in the matchday squad, older than Moder and Caicedo... I think it is going to be very difficult for him to break in to the team, the ship has sailed. If he wants to turn into a PL player he will probably have to go the long road and sign for some League One club (permanently, dont think his contract will be extended) and prove his worth.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Have there been any recent sitings?

7EC6FAF5-F205-4957-BCBF-0F3565F718A4.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Maybe they're planning on unveiling him to the fans during the game toni...oh, right, yeah...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Ulrick Ella singed days before he was announced due to being quarantined.

It'll be this + a marketing desire to have something to announce on Transfer Deadline Monday.

Announcement around midday on Monday is my guess.

The marketing desire theory you present is the best one I have heard for why this guy has not been announced, but I am still surprised we just didn’t say he signed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
He is 22 now, just a month younger than Mac Allister and six months younger than Alzate who already played 27 league games, couple of years older than Jenks, who has been in the matchday squad, older than Moder and Caicedo... I think it is going to be very difficult for him to break in to the team, the ship has sailed. If he wants to turn into a PL player he will probably have to go the long road and sign for some League One club (permanently, dont think his contract will be extended) and prove his worth.

Hopefully he will go somewhere tomorrow even if its a free transfer so we can put a sell on clause on it, as although I don't think he has a future at Brighton I do think he has a decent future in football.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Moises Caicedo?

Agree, he needs to get a move on. But as a point of comparison, he’s around the same age Ben White was when we loaned him to Leeds.

Hopefully we can find him a decent Championship club, a run in a competitive league like that would do him the world of good.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Moises Caicedo?

Going to be facing a lot of competition from Jenks as well for pick of the ones coming through, and Jenks is 3yrs younger.

Jerks is also an exciting talent. But with Moises, Mac, Alzate, Biss, Ben White, Proper, Moder..

It’s looking nigh on impossible for some of our young midfielders to get a chance the next couple of years. I supposed this is part of making the transition to an established PL team. You have to let go of a lot of talent and run the risk that some could still come good, much like Chelsea with Lamptey.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Jerks is also an exciting talent. But with Moises, Mac, Alzate, Biss, Ben White, Proper, Moder..

It’s looking nigh on impossible for some of our young midfielders to get a chance the next couple of years. I supposed this is part of making the transition to an established PL team. You have to let go of a lot of talent and run the risk that some could still come good, much like Chelsea with Lamptey.

I think Jenks is going to start his loan journey through the leagues next season. Don't forget he is 19 in March so few seasons to get experience wouldn't go amiss, by then I'm sure Bissouma, White, and most probably Proper would be gone.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Tend to agree. Sanders was promising, but the PL may be a step to
too far. I wonder if he’ll end up more like JFC hovering between L1 and championship.

Jerks very promising. However, I remain surprised Molumby hasn’t had an opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
too far. I wonder if he’ll end up more like JFC hovering between L1 and championship.

Jerks very promising. However, I remain surprised Molumby hasn’t had an opportunity.

Molumby certainly seems to have started well and impressed at Preston

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I really thought Molumby would break into our team this season, along with Ben White. Certainly looked that way at the very start when he played pre season against Chelsea (and looked a good player), then some sub appearances.

Guess GP saw something that made him think he’s not quite ready yet.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really thought Molumby would break into our team this season, along with Ben White. Certainly looked that way at the very start when he played pre season against Chelsea (and looked a good player), then some sub appearances.

Guess GP saw something that made him think he’s not quite ready yet.

Think GP is wrong on this - hopefully Molumby will get his chance next season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think GP is wrong on this - hopefully Molumby will get his chance next season.

Not sure he’s ‘wrong’ - suspect thinking would have been how much game time Molumby would realistically get with Biss, White, Pröpper, Lallana, MacAllister, Gross, Alazate and now Moder in the squad..........and that rather than training, benchwarming (at best) or playing with the kids he’s going to get far more use out half a season of proper football........

Agree re next season

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not sure he’s ‘wrong’ - suspect thinking would have been how much game time Molumby would realistically get with Biss, White, Pröpper, Lallana, MacAllister, Gross, Alazate and now Moder in the squad..........and that rather than training, benchwarming (at best) or playing with the kids he’s going to get far more use out half a season of proper football........

Agree re next season

Sorry, not wrong about the loan, wrong in that he should have been given a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here