Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It's not a question of being forced to sell; it's about sustainability.

Sell and buy, sell and buy, sell and buy is sustainable.
Buy and loan out, buy and give away, buy and run down the contract, is not.

That's sort of what I was saying.
Are you agreeing ?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
How about our recruitment and wage bill compared to Newcastle, Palace, West Ham, Sheff Utd, Leeds or even Wolves.
or Huddersfield, Norwich, Watford, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Stoke and Swansea who couldn't maintain a squad to stay in the Prem in past 5 years
or Derby, Blackburn, Boro, Reading, Forest, Birmingham, Sheff Weds, Sunderland who haven't in last 5-10 years or more managed to invest or maintain a squad to get into the Prem.

Well, out of that list there's only one we're above in the league.

As for the relegated teams you mention, if you're claiming our recruitment is much better than those ... well it probably is, but whilst we're perched precariously above the drop zone, the jury is still out. When we're in the position of a Southampton or Leceister, i'll agree with you

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Anyway, this thread is about Caicedo. I just find the idea that we can sell Bissouma and either Caicedo or Moder will be able to do what he does for our next season is fanciful.

Lamptey coming through and smashing it in the first season is very rare. Being able to sell a Chilwell and pick up Catagne and bring through Justin, rare as well.

We'd need to find equivalent quality who can produce instantly. A few clubs manage it. Ajax and Dortmund do it very well. We're just not at that level with our recruitment.

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011
First of all I don't think anyone is saying we will sell them in January, I think everyone is thinking about the summer. I think Bloom wants sustainability ASAP. I honestly believe this season our transfer policy has changed. As I said before for the first time since Bloom took over we have only bought to the value we have sold.

I keep reading about people from within the club visiting clubs who are known for working a sustainable transfer policy through Academies and scouting. Its been nearly 12 years now and covid has also had an affect. I think now is the time he wants us to be heading toward sustainability. £450m to get us there is enough.

I agree, unlikely to sell in January....in fact we never seem to actually sell players. We buy players then loan them out when we don’t want or need them.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I agree, unlikely to sell in January....in fact we never seem to actually sell players. We buy players then loan them out when we don’t want or need them.

Very difficult to find clubs willing and able to pay a transfer fee and take on a Premier League wage bill. We'll be heavily subsiding all the loaned players wages.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Thats what we need to learn to do, sell players. It is what will make us sustainable.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Exactly.

We go through this every summer here. I don’t know if there’s still inferiority complex with our fan base, but there’s always people talking up our best players being sold.

Even with Ben White people here wanted to immediately accept Leeds first bid. It’s like guys, we’re not League One anymore.

I agree that we shouldn’t accept noddy bids at all but think it would actually be a positive to sell certain at bug profit to bring in stronger options where we need them (strikers). Bissouma for £50m or even possibly 40 end of season would make great sense when you have Molumby, Moder, and now possibly Moses who will all able to play that role. Use some of that money toward a striker. Likewise If we get anything north of £40m for White when we have so many young (and experienced) cb’s waiting to get a chance.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I agree that we shouldn’t accept noddy bids at all but think it would actually be a positive to sell certain at bug profit to bring in stronger options where we need them (strikers). Bissouma for £50m or even possibly 40 end of season would make great sense when you have Molumby, Moder, and now possibly Moses who will all able to play that role. Use some of that money toward a striker. Likewise If we get anything north of £40m for White when we have so many young (and experienced) cb’s waiting to get a chance.

If it’s an offer too good to turn down, I’d be ok selling.

Ultimately I trust the club. They won’t accept derisory offers that’s for sure.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
First of all I don't think anyone is saying we will sell them in January, I think everyone is thinking about the summer. I think Bloom wants sustainability ASAP. I honestly believe this season our transfer policy has changed. As I said before for the first time since Bloom took over we have only bought to the value we have sold.

I keep reading about people from within the club visiting clubs who are known for working a sustainable transfer policy through Academies and scouting. Its been nearly 12 years now and covid has also had an affect. I think now is the time he wants us to be heading toward sustainability. £450m to get us there is enough.

Barber stated very clearly at the start of the season we would not be paying £25m for a striker so it is very clear transfer policy has to change given the amount spent on several players who have not performed to expectation.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Every single club is a selling club. It is just if the offer is right. If someone offered Man City 20 billion for Kevin de b then they would take it. Obviously it won’t happen but it shows that everyone has a price. If someone offered us 100 million for bissouma then we would take it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If it’s an offer too good to turn down, I’d be ok selling.

Ultimately I trust the club. They won’t accept derisory offers that’s for sure.

Absolutely this. Take every case on its merits. If Leeds had offered us £100,000,000 for Ben White, he’d probably be wearing a white shirt these days. £25m was laughable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here