Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
If this lad is as good as the reports suggest he is then i can't believe we would of moved heaven and Ecuador to get him here then send him away to another club , even if that happens to be USG , With Connolly Alzate Welbeck and Llanna all missing games on a regular basis through injury , we need to stock up a bit .

Give him 20 minutes v Liverpool and if he doesn't score a hatrick then he's obviously shit and can go to Man Utd .

In addition, I think it would be irresponsible to loan out a 19 year old kid whose barely ever left Ecuador. If he’s going to be nurtured as Bissouma’s replacement, when he leaves for big bucks in the summer, then he needs to be working with our coaching staff for the rest of this season.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Exactly. The last player we were ‘forced’ to sell was Ulloa which was about 6 years ago when we were in the Championship.

Even if we stay up I find it hard to imagine Biss, Lamptey and White all being here at the start of the season. I think we'll cash in on at least one if the bids come in.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Who is on observation duty at the Hove Spire hospital today then ? Chop chop......

We're on it:

giphy.gif

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Even if we stay up I find it hard to imagine Biss, Lamptey and White all being here at the start of the season. I think we'll cash in on at least one if the bids come in.

If.

There’s going to have to be serious bids though. That’s the bottom line. If a club is able to bid £50m + for one of our players good luck to them.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yeah, like White was Dunk's replacement.....

Exactly.

We go through this every summer here. I don’t know if there’s still inferiority complex with our fan base, but there’s always people talking up our best players being sold.

Even with Ben White people here wanted to immediately accept Leeds first bid. It’s like guys, we’re not League One anymore.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If.

There’s going to have to be serious bids though. That’s the bottom line. If a club is able to bid £50m + for one of our players good luck to them.

I won't be impressed if it's Arsenal, being shored up by the Bank of England.

Man U, Chelsea or Everton the clubs most likely to still be stumping up huge fees on players from lower Premier League clubs

I'm confident we won't sell anyone we don't want to sell in the summer.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Exactly.

We go through this every summer here. I don’t know if there’s still inferiority complex with our fan base, but there’s always people talking up our best players being sold.

Even with Ben White people here wanted to immediately accept Leeds first bid. It’s like guys, we’re not League One anymore.

One of the things we are weak on is selling our players. We have a transfer deficit of about £200m since we got promoted. The transfer market isn't only about buying players its about selling them. It is in part why Leicester has moved up to the next level.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
One of the things we are weak on is selling our players. We have a transfer deficit of about £200m since we got promoted. The transfer market isn't only about buying players its about selling them. It is in part why Leicester has moved up to the next level.

You are exactly right, that is a very good point. You could also say the same about Liverpool, Spurs and Southampton.

Our net spend in the PL is eye watering compared to other clubs at our level and is something that probably does need to be addressed at some point. The teams that generally do best at this have a good Director of Football and I think under Ashworth we will see this improve soon and is the main reason why we have been hoovering up young talent from around the world.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
You are exactly right, that is a very good point. You could also say the same about Liverpool, Spurs and Southampton.

Our net spend in the PL is eye watering compared to other clubs at our level and is something that probably does need to be addressed at some point. The teams that generally do best at this have a good Director of Football and I think under Ashworth we will see this improve soon and is the main reason why we have been hoovering up young talent from around the world.

I think it started this season. Our net spend is zero, and I suspect the loan fees of Barnardo, Ryan and maybe Ali J is more or less going to equate to the fee for Caicedo. We do need to start making profit on players though and White, Bissouma, and Lampty is a good start even if it is in a couple of seasons time.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Leicester, Spurs, Liverpool and Southampton are four of the best recruiters in the PL though. Leicester by far the best.

We're nowhere near at that level. The players we're bringing in aren't going to be able to adequately replace Biss, White, Dunk or Lamptey ... at least not in the short term.

Selling our best players just means that we'd just not be as good. And we're on the brink of relegation as it is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Completely agree. So many people just can't or won't see it though. Until we actually do start selling players for big money, we will be seen as 'League 1' by clubs trying to buy our players, and they'll bid accordingly.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Exactly. The last player we were ‘forced’ to sell was Ulloa which was about 6 years ago when we were in the Championship.

I don't think we would be forced to sell Biss.
But it would be a good bit of business if we could get a large fee for him. Especially if we have a ready replacement.
We have spent many millions of TBs cash and it would be nice to see some returns for him.

Maybe the club will decide if he is ready before agreeing to let Biss move to the next level.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Completely agree. So many people just can't or won't see it though. Until we actually do start selling players for big money, we will be seen as 'League 1' by clubs trying to buy our players, and they'll bid accordingly.

Yes. Its amazing how many people think the transfer market is solely about buying. We have set up loan to buys for both Locadia and Baluta. One for a huge loss and the other for a slight profit but both are seemingly failing at their clubs. We need to do better and I think we will, but I think a lot of people on here won't like it.

I honestly think in the long term our transfer kitty will mainly come from our transfer sales, so we need the successes of White, Lampty, and Bissouma to keep it turning. So selling our best players isn't a failure its just part of the cycle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here