[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hopefully we had someone there to meet him to make sure Norwich weren't waiting there when he got off the plane.

Friend of a friend has claimed to have picked him up from the airport and taken him to the Brighton area.

I know nothing more.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
These videos are all very well but Zeqiri has one in a similar vein and as desperate as I am for him to be the new Peter Ward I can’t help thinking that they just heap more pressure on a player when they arrive

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
These videos are all very well but Zeqiri has one in a similar vein and as desperate as I am for him to be the new Peter Ward I can’t help thinking that they just heap more pressure on a player when they arrive

I think Moises is coming with more rave reviews, from more observers, than Zeqiri did. He's been pursued by plenty of very large clubs, unlike Zeqiri. I don't disagree about the expectation, but this lad seems to have something about him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's been pursued by plenty of very large clubs[/ QUOTE]

Man Utd, AC Milan & Chelsea seem to be the 3 that were most interested. The NYT article was telling on why they didn’t sign him. It was too complicated with around three independent agencies claiming to represent the lad. You then get that big club arrogance of thinking that the player should be honoured to sign for their clubs and if can’t get it done quick, they move onto the next target. It’s amazing that Tony & Paul have people who can untie those incredibly complex ownership and rights knots with us coming out on top.

Moises is potentially in a small group of players we could have (including Lamptey) that could be seen as our best signings ever (in terms of quality and transfer fee value).

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Man Utd, AC Milan & Chelsea seem to be the 3 that were most interested. The NYT article was telling on why they didn’t sign him. It was too complicated with around three independent agencies claiming to represent the lad. You then get that big club arrogance of thinking that the player should be honoured to sign for their clubs and if can’t get it done quick, they move onto the next target. It’s amazing that Tony & Paul have people who can untie those incredibly complex ownership and rights knots with us coming out on top.

Moises is potentially in a small group of players we could have (including Lamptey) that could be seen as our best signings ever (in terms of quality and transfer fee value).

It really does seem like an incredible coup.
Feels like we can sign anyone (wages allowing) now. Very exciting, and can't wait to see this kid play.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Looks like an exciting signing. We have moved on from collecting centre backs and are now on to central midfielders.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Yes, if we land this one, kudos to our club’s leaders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Zequiri wasn’t being linked with a number of top European clubs. Man Utd wanted to get Moises and only pulled out due to an issue with his agents.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking at the clips of this young man, he’s surely not for the U23’s ?

I’d assume he’d have had assurances (like Zeqiri?) that the 1st team is his destination to have enabled us to have beaten off Man Utd, Chelsea and the Magpie’s desperate last minute attempt of kleptoparasitism.

But to be honest, it means we can quote stupid money (£50m+) for Bissouma in the Summer knowing we can sell because we have a replacement.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I’d assume he’d have had assurances (like Zeqiri?) that the 1st team is his destination to have enabled us to have beaten off Man Utd, Chelsea and the Magpie’s desperate last minute attempt of kleptoparasitism.

But to be honest, it means we can quote stupid money (£50m+) for Bissouma in the Summer knowing we can sell because we have a replacement.

Ahem!
Two replacements, Messrs Moder and Caicedo.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Zequiri wasn’t being linked with a number of top European clubs. Man Utd wanted to get Moises and only pulled out due to an issue with his agents.

Man Utd were interested enough in Reda Khadra to give him a trial before we signed him. Let's hope they've missed out on two future stars.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Moises saying goodbye to his mum and dad.

It's quite touching. You sometimes forget these players are just kids.

[tweet]1353321212483678208[/tweet]

You are so right. Moving moments of a lad leaving his home and family, his team mates and his country to go half way across the world to ply his trade as a footballer for comparative riches. He'll be much better with Brighton than a mega club. Time to settle in the UK, learn the language without a Manc accent and English culture with only the expectations of NSC to deal with rather than the World media that follows the likes of Man Ure and their every move. Plenty of Spanish speakers around the club and first team to ease him in and I'll try and manage down my optimism and enthusiasm for this one. As you say, he's just a kid and he's going to feel very vulnerable at first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports