Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Your comments about RDZ are beginning to sound a bit petty. I know you have good tactical knowledge. Perhaps it would be better to critique his actual abilities if you are so inclined rather than the fact he is not GP. For all of the rest of us the identity of the manager is not the most important thing about our interest in BHA.
This
It’s ridiculous- he just doesn’t like De Zerbi because he’s not Potter.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Although Enoch is not the best example of your point given the loyalty and support shown to him by the club post his playing career. No-one is asking Caicedo to pledge commitment to BHA for the remainder of his career. Rather, people are pointing out that he has a contract (a two way arrangement) that he has been asked to honour until the Summer and that for him to try to force Tony’s hand on Instagram is out of order.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
None of this is true.

The club was not asked to comment on the statement. RDZ made a comment in the press conference before the Middlesbrough about Trossard not being 100%, so when the next press conference (Liverpool) came around the journo asked "how's Trossard?". There was no indications Trossard would release a statement before these events. Arguably, he did what he had to do: give his version since his manager had decided that it would be a good idea to (twice) say bad things about him in public.

Why should any of the players keep a low tone in public and solve things internally when the manager doesn't think its necessary?
It may or may not be a coincidence that Caicedo about a week later became what might be the first player to make a transfer request on f***ing Instagram.
Players do passive / aggressive shit on social media all the time.

Dunk's regular trick was to get his agent to tell a Brighton fan "Lewis is definitely off to <London Club> this window" knowing it would get on here and Twitter and then, hey presto, Dunk, whose Mrs loves living round here suddenly had a new contract. Dale Stephens handed in a transfer request and was all over social media before and after. And guess what, on both occasions the players stayed here and went on to be super useful.

And that's just two players, just at Brighton.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I don’t care if he’s 21, he’s a little wanker if he hasn’t turned up for training. Needs to learn respect for the people who are paying his wages, by buying season tickets etc. People work hard all week to earn money to go to games and then the players can’t even be bothered to train, because they want to earn 10x what the the fans do. He lacks so much respect he should be f***ing ashamed of himself. Scrote.
Only 10x...? you must be very well paid 😉

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Part of issue with all this Caicedo business, is the cumulative situation going on.

Losing Trossard was a shame, but with Caicedo asking to go, and the likelihood of us losing MacAllister in the summer and probable offers for Mitoma too, I think in the space of 6 months we could have lost our complete engine room.

For me this is more sickening rather than just losing any one player.
Yes indeed. And also, when Biss was going - we knew we had Caicedo near enough ready to step in. Trossard = Mitoma.

Not quite sure where the oven-ready replacements are, as at some time the speed with which players leave outpaces the speed of identifying, signing and developing. Especially as Chelsea took our recruitment team.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It will end up being very funny if Partey is ruled out for a long time and that Arsenal are £20m+ short of the asking price for a replacement because they'd spent it on Trossard. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, one must have a heart of stone to watch Arsenal lose the league from 8 points clear without laughing.
Isnt Partey awaiting a trial? In which case they could need a decent replacement at some point

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
For price calibration...

Apparently Leicester City want £55-60m for James Maddison. Newcastle United preparred to pay £45m.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
You're just a youngster. Many of us drifted away a bit at your age (work, kids, etc.) but then drifted back. It is either in the blood or it isn't.

Personally I find it difficult to get too upset that we now have a whole load of players so good that the 'top' clubs are willing to pay insane amounts of money to sign them. I remember watching Andy Ansah, Alan Duffy and the like. We used to be dog shit. Relax, and enjoy the best football we have ever played.
Wasn't Duffy good the first home game he played... scored a cracker if I remember... then went down hill 😂

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Some of the very best managers have called out players in public. It’s nothing new.
I agree it was fine calling out Trossard as he’d slipped out of starting contention and clearly had no intention of knuckling down. Taking strong action against a senior player to maintain the team dynamic and prove you take no shit is one of the oldest managerial tricks in the book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here