Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The total market value of all the players on Caicedo’s new agent’s books is Bo-diddly-squat.

About 60m euros in total, and Moisés’ value swamps the rest. If ever a two bit agent thought they had won the lottery, it’s this one.
It’s an odd choice. I wonder if the agency was chosen by Arsenal - effectively working for both sides. Well, them, but Moises just sees the big opportunity.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You're thinking of someone else no one from nsc has told me where to go IRL.

I've met dimster in real life I think. And a few of the old skool nsc posters.

And yes I'm a contrarian and yes harmless !!
The comment was about the bike booting, fake match day fog declaring, credit card debt forgetting after house moving, alarm-for-the-Melbourne-Cup-non-setting poster who wanted all his tragic posts removed from NSC. Lol.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Part of issue with all this Caicedo business, is the cumulative situation going on.

Losing Trossard was a shame, but with Caicedo asking to go, and the likelihood of us losing MacAllister in the summer and probable offers for Mitoma too, I think in the space of 6 months we could have lost our complete engine room.

For me this is more sickening rather than just losing any one player.
Very much this. What makes it worse is that when Potter left with so many of the back room it could have all imploded. Yet we actually came out stronger with some great succession planing.

What concerns me is just how long our recruitment will keep turning out gems? It doesn't seem that long ago it churned out Ali J and Locadia and it could return to that.

Much earlier in this thread someone referred to their confidence in our success. The question it didn't address is to what actually defines success as it's going to be vary from fan to fan. Of course if you experienced the dark days of archer and Gillingham our current situation is obviously glorious. But how about our younger and potential fans of tomorrow? Will they settle for us existing as a 'feeder' club for the big boys continually picking off our best players just about take us to the next level in terms of league finishing position or winning the odd trophy? Will people be content to bimble around mid table?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Part of issue with all this Caicedo business, is the cumulative situation going on.

Losing Trossard was a shame, but with Caicedo asking to go, and the likelihood of us losing MacAllister in the summer and probable offers for Mitoma too, I think in the space of 6 months we could have lost our complete engine room.

For me this is more sickening rather than just losing any one player.
At least if that does happen, we should have something in the region of £200m to play with. Tony’s not going to throw in the towel and settle for relegation next season.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
None of this is true.

The club was not asked to comment on the statement. RDZ made a comment in the press conference before the Middlesbrough about Trossard not being 100%, so when the next press conference (Liverpool) came around the journo asked "how's Trossard?". There was no indications Trossard would release a statement before these events. Arguably, he did what he had to do: give his version since his manager had decided that it would be a good idea to (twice) say bad things about him in public.

Why should any of the players keep a low tone in public and solve things internally when the manager doesn't think its necessary?
It may or may not be a coincidence that Caicedo about a week later became what might be the first player to make a transfer request on f***ing Instagram.
Don't generalise from the particular. RDZ said in presser "I hope [Caicedo] can stay with us until the end of the season because in my opinion that is the best solution for him and for us.....I spoke with him like a father, not as a coach", exactly trying to solve internally. He didn't need to say that, you may argue, but what is possibly the harm in doing so?

And it is no coincidence that his agent/PR put out a statement for which Caicedo must take responsibility even though one would doubt it was his idea; agent knows TB is reluctant to sell, has no need to, and is a very hard bargainer, so his (agent's) best chance of trousering a 7/8 figure transfer commission is to up the ante. If the Instagram post said that he (Caicedo) understands he has a contract that he wishes to breach, and that it is up to his employer to agree to that for suitable recompense, failing which he will knuckle down and do his best for Brighton, fair enough. He didn't say that, so we have to assume he is very cynical (and nothing he has said before suggests that) or it is a cynical ploy by those advising him.

The 'no coincidence' applies only to the fact that we have a club that has developed and bought highly prized assets owned by someone who is a world class poker player and not about to be legged over, as the representatives of Stephens, White, Trossard, Cucurella, have all found; so their only ploy is to do exactly what all (bar White as far as I am aware) have done and go public and/or hissy. My instinct is £75m will do trick but that Arsenal may find that too much of a stretch.

Frankly it is FA to do with your new hate subject as he said that transfer deals are a matter for Tony Bloom. You're shooting the wrong fox.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sky reporting the Daily Mail as saying:

1. The offer's now £60m + £10m in add ons.
2. Bloom will accept £80m.

We know that the tabloids are liars about literally everything. I though Sky rated themselves on sports news as a cut above, not using stocking fillers from the gutter press.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

We know that the tabloids are liars about literally everything. I though Sky rated themselves on sports news as a cut above, not using stocking fillers from the gutter press.
Sky are as desperate for viewers as online news is for clicks, and talking about this as the biggest transfer on the scene now helps that. An awful lot of heat but absolutely no light.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

But how astronomical is the sell-on percentage ? ???

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

£80m would be a fair price in the summer. If anyone moves now, it should be with a heft additional premium for potentially screwing our season. Will be disappointed if he goes for that currently.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
None of this is true.

The club was not asked to comment on the statement. RDZ made a comment in the press conference before the Middlesbrough about Trossard not being 100%, so when the next press conference (Liverpool) came around the journo asked "how's Trossard?". There was no indications Trossard would release a statement before these events. Arguably, he did what he had to do: give his version since his manager had decided that it would be a good idea to (twice) say bad things about him in public.

Why should any of the players keep a low tone in public and solve things internally when the manager doesn't think its necessary?
It may or may not be a coincidence that Caicedo about a week later became what might be the first player to make a transfer request on f***ing Instagram.
And you know all this how ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
£80m would be a fair price in the summer. If anyone moves now, it should be with a heft additional premium for potentially screwing our season. Will be disappointed if he goes for that currently.
A premium for sealing:
1. Effectively the end of a dream of European football. One for the supporters and TB, unquantifiable on a spreadsheet.
2. Our monster of a centre midfield would lack one of its two key components, losing half the protective shield of the defence. We'd be much easier to score against.
3. An injury or suspension to Mac A would then royally screw us. Look at the New Years Eve game, our opponents lucked out hugely on two kingpins being missing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it’s fairly obvious what I’m talking about.
No, it really isn't. And the club are trying to hold onto him, so they clearly disagree with you.

Comparing this to the Stephen’s situation is frankly laughable, Dunk maybe less so, if you choose to forget about him being made one of our biggest earners off the back of it - Burnley (and Fulham lol) vs Arsenal or Chelsea …. Hmmmmmm yep, must have been genuinely hard for Dale in particular, you know - when the dust settled - I’m surprised he managed to refocus at all tbh… absolutely not relevant at all.
It is completely relevant. While Chelsea and Arsenal are much bigger than Fulham and Burnley, Brighton are much much bigger than we were in the Championship. Stephens thought it might be his only chance to play in the best league in the world, so he wanted to take the chance. Injury apart, this is clearly not going to be Caicedo's only opportunity to play for a top 6 club. So the comparison is a sensible one.

Now we’ve sorted your frankly ludicrous it’s just like DS argument out
We haven't. I think you're talking shit.

I can embellish my opening gambit with some fairly likely outcomes:

A seriously crest fallen player,
A bruised ego,
General squad disharmony - that isn't decided, and what about squad disharmony if he leaves?
A pissed off coach More pissed off if he leaves
Breakdown of former good relationships Not necessarily
Booing from his own fans Don't boo him. When have we ever booed a player who talked of leaving, but stayed and tried?
Lack of focus, effort and desire Which, as with Kane, they will address
Time on the bench So?
Depreciation of asset value I'm happy to bet you we are offered at least £60m in the summer if he stays
Suspicious thigh strains What?
Not in the right frame of mind to play…You're just repeating all your other comments: bruised ego, lack of focus, suspicious thigh strains

It’s a recipe for disaster, the days of playing hardball with want away players are firmly behind us - So we accepted the offer?

by pretending all will be fine and dandy on the 1st of February … seriously … w t absolute f are YOU going on about ? I never said it will be fine and dandy. You said 'what’s the point of hanging on to him ? He’s almost certain to be half the player he’s been if he stays… it’s counter intuitive to keep anyone against their will'. We will see.

For me, the game’s almost dead Bye.

Hey ho, you know best ;)
No, it's you claiming to know best. I'm happy with the what the club are doing.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think in the space of 6 months we could have lost our complete engine room.
It’s inevitable we will loose WC players like Mackie, Mitoma and Caicedo - it was always on the cards for the Summer transfer window - it’s a shame and personally I don’t like ‘just follow the money mate’ side of the business any more than any other fan - however, January is a seller’s market and we can get a club record transfer fee for MC which can only be good business - it’s ours for the asking. Geeze, we paid £4.5m - you have to laugh at TB’s chutzpah!

However, it’s maybe worth repeating that in the space of 6 months we lost:
Our Manager
Bissouma
Cucurella
Trossard
Our first team coaches: Billy Reid, Bjorn Hamberg, Bruno Saltor
Our goalkeeping coach: Ben Roberts
Our recruitment analyst Kyle Macaulay
Our Head of Recruitment- Paul Winstanley

And we are thriving even though a significant proportion of Brighton fans thought the sky would fall in after Chelsea tried to pick us clean - Chelsea have dropped to 10th and we are holding on at 6th despite their efforts to ‘implant’ Brighton’s success formula at Stamford Bridge.

I am very excited (with the injury proviso) about Buonanotte’s addition to the squad, along with Ferguson’s striker abilities - Pervis has more than made up for loosing Cucu and Caicedo was a better MF replacement for Biss than we could have hoped for. I think by the end of the season we will already have some idea of what the new ‘engine room‘ will look like. We can get through this season without MC to finish it and still finish in a good top 10 position or even qualify for Europe. Next season, who knows what new players the club will have signed but they will certainly not be of less calibre than our current squad deserves IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here