[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Can someone please explain how £70m fits into UEFA FFP rules; 90% reducing to 70% over 3 years?

I know it’s all bollocks and that they and the other top 6 plus Real etc will play the game, assemble expensive lawyer teams, challenge UEFA, and eventually settle for 10 bob in 2030, but let’s indulge the letter of the regulations and just pretend they may want to comply.

They have annual income of £500m or so, and this article suggests their player wage bill will be £314m. Chuck in some agents fees and other salaries and doubt you are far short of £400m. That leaves £100m to play with, 70% of which on one player?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can someone please explain how £70m fits into UEFA FFP rules; 90% reducing to 70% over 3 years?

I know it’s all bollocks and that they and the other top 6 plus Real etc will play the game, assemble expensive lawyer teams, challenge UEFA, and eventually settle for 10 bob in 2030, but let’s indulge the letter of the regulations and just pretend they may want to comply.

They have annual income of £500m or so, and this article suggests their player wage bill will be £314m. Chuck in some agents fees and other salaries and doubt you are far short of £400m. That leaves £100m to play with, 70% of which on one player?
It’s amortised over the length of a contract isn’t it ? So if a 5 year deal - £14M a year

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The transfer window hasnt even opened yet, LFC will not be the only team intrested, the way Bloom works is he has a figure but will nit tell you, you bid, when you match what he wants he will talk. As you say 70m quoted, i think other clubs will go higher than that.

I love how some LFC fans think we are taking the piss, because we only payed 5m for him, some even think because we are only Supposedly paying 3.5k a week then hes only worth 35m.
That silly wages figure is on Arsenal-Mania too in their transfer thread.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That silly wages figure is on Arsenal-Mania too in their transfer thread.
Some people believe gullible has been removed from the dictionary

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liver

Liverpool had a net spend last summer of £4.6m which was 16th in the EPL, both Chelsea and ManU net spent over £200m.
https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...-chelsea-man-utd-arsenal-tottenham-liverpool/
FSG have never put in a $ to subsidise transfers over true income, unlike all the EPL financial dopers. As result they tend to mainly operate at the Gakpo transfer level of £35m, usually unable to buy Galactico’s such as Maguire, Cucurella, Lukaku, Pepe, Kepa, Grealish, Sancho. VVD the obvious exception.

Club income’s heading towards £550m, the club is always profitable other than relatively modest losses in the two pandemic seasons.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The transfer window hasnt even opened yet, LFC will not be the only team intrested, the way Bloom works is he has a figure but will nit tell you, you bid, when you match what he wants he will talk. As you say 70m quoted, i think other clubs will go higher than that.

I love how some LFC fans think we are taking the piss, because we only payed 5m for him, some even think because we are only Supposedly paying 3.5k a week then hes only worth 35m.
It worries me how many people believe that figure, which I think originally comes from a site called Sportrac (no me neither). I mean we’ve got internationals Caicedo and Sanchez on 3.5K and 10K at one end of the scale, and Lallana at the other on nearly 100K.

Not everything you read on the internet is true, guys.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I would be extremely disappointed with the club if we sell Caceido and/or Macallister in January. A big chance of top 6 and Europe and if we are intent on improving and moving to the next level, we need to keep hold of our best players for longer.

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
I would be extremely disappointed with the club if we sell Caceido and/or Macallister in January. A big chance of top 6 and Europe and if we are intent on improving and moving to the next level, we need to keep hold of our best players for longer.
I cant see us selling prized assets in January, it puts the onus on the buying club to offer much higher fees as there is less negotiation time. Regardless of that clubs just don't want to sell their best players mid way though a season. We all know that Tony doesn't like the January window to do business.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It worries me how many people believe that figure, which I think originally comes from a site called Sportrac (no me neither). I mean we’ve got internationals Caicedo and Sanchez on 3.5K and 10K at one end of the scale, and Lallana at the other on nearly 100K.

Not everything you read on the internet is true, guys.
Spotrac in the UK is incredibly unreliable. @Jolly Red Giant used to quote it and it was miles off almost all the time.

It's a bit better in the US where contract details are a bit more in the public domain.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Spotrac in the UK is incredibly unreliable. @Jolly Red Giant used to quote it and it was miles off almost all the time.

It's a bit better in the US where contract details are a bit more in the public domain.
I always question anyone who States as a fact any salary of a player. It's made up crap.

Even Dunk's "match up" increases is made up crap. When a squad of players haven't a clue what each is earning how someone sitting in their bedroom can pluck a figure plainly stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports