Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Out of our three big money transfers, I think both Bissouma and White would have been better off going to Liverpool, especially Bissouma (Cucurella wouldn't push Robertson out of the team, IMHO).
Robertson? He's looked to me like he was finished the moment they won the league and he went off on a week long bender.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Out of our three big money transfers, I think both Bissouma and White would have been better off going to Liverpool, especially Bissouma (Cucurella wouldn't push Robertson out of the team, IMHO).
Inevitably we are going to lose the likes of Mac Allister and Caicedo at some point in time, and if their destination was Liverpool I'd be quite happy (as long as our price was met, of course) - and, to be fair, Liverpool have a decent track record dealing with us - see under Lawrenson and Robinson.

N.B. For a sale in January, which we definately wouldn't want, good offers won't be anywhere near enough - offers would have to rise to the level of rank stupidity to have a chance!

I don't think transfer deals from 40 years ago have that much of a bearing.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

This guy seems pretty well respected. 70m is the price. Probably sounds about right. Really hope he stays until at least the summer.

Jimmy Grimble

Lol. There’s no way Liverpool pay £70 million for Caicedo. Chelsea or Man U maybe, but there’s no way Liverpool pay that much for him.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Lol. There’s no way Liverpool pay £70 million for Caicedo. Chelsea or Man U maybe, but there’s no way Liverpool pay that much for him.
In isolation probably not, but if they are negotiating with Dortmund for Bellingham and being quoted £100m, then a £70m alternative might not seem too expensive.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

This guy seems pretty well respected. 70m is the price. Probably sounds about right. Really hope he stays until at least the summer.

The give away is always 'Brighton have set a price of...' No they haven't. No they won't. No they never do. What sort of idiot goes into any potential negotiation having advertised their selling price?

Baraclough in Porridge telling Fletcher 'I'm authorised to go up to five pounds' for Mr Mackay's teeth is funny because we all know how naive he's been by showing his cards to his opponent and what the response is going to be.

How any transfer rumour monger has the cheek to still suggest this kind of tosh after the clear evidence of what happened with Man City and Cucurella this summer would be a complete mystery, if it wasn't already obvious that they are all a bunch of chancers feeding lines from agents or making up things that their audience wants to believe to gain social media clicks.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The give away is always 'Brighton have set a price of...' No they haven't. No they won't. No they never do. What sort of idiot goes into any potential negotiation having advertised their selling price?

Baraclough in Porridge telling Fletcher 'I'm authorised to go up to five pounds' for Mr Mackay's teeth is funny because we all know how naive he's been by showing his cards to his opponent and what the response is going to be.

How any transfer rumour monger has the cheek to still suggest this kind of tosh after the clear evidence of what happened with Man City and Cucurella this summer would be a complete mystery, if it wasn't already obvious that they are all a bunch of chancers feeding lines from agents or making up things that their audience wants to believe to gain social media clicks.
Plus the 'source' appears to be implying that they're after Bellingham too. I can't see them spending 170m or more on two players. It's not how they've conducted their business for a number of years. I don't doubt Liverpool are interested just that the twitter guy has no clue.

Edit: I see they've just bought Gakpo for 35m so him Ally Mac and Bellingham would take their spend to over 200m. It's not likely is it?

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Said it once on this thread and I’ll say it again. With the sad retirement of Mwepu and Moder still coming back from a serious injury there is no way on earth Moises is leaving in this window. Not if Klipperty himself were to tweet that he wants MC. Look at Saturday’s midfield options. We’re f***ed.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

They dont have a set price but I suspect they will know at which price at this point in time they will sell at. And that is probably at around 70m.

Remember Naylor knew the ballpark figures for white and Cuccu before they were sold.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
They dont have a set price but I suspect they will know at which price at this point in time they will sell at. And that is probably at around 70m.

Remember Naylor knew the ballpark figures for white and Cuccu before they were sold.

So because Andy Naylor; the clubs mouthpiece knew the rough ballpark figures that means a Liverpool fan and ‘media personality’ from East London also knows? :lolol:

You really have become a Poundland THPP.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So because Andy Naylor; the clubs mouthpiece knew the rough ballpark figures that means a Liverpool fan and ‘media personality’ from East London also knows? :lolol:

You really have become a Poundland THPP.
I'm not saying this guy knows the price, I'm saying the club will have a price in mind and 70 sounds about right.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don't think 70 would be the price (that we'd accept) for either Moises or Mac this Jan. It will be higher. Their value is much higher than Cucu right now.

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So they are interested in Caicedo and Bellingham! They must have very deep pockets.
Maybe they see themselves losing out on Bellingham and Caicedo is their back up option.
I can’t see Caicedo’s stock declining by the summer. Keep hold till then at least.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I don’t think we would sell for less than 100 this Jan. if he goes then we would be left with Alexis, gross Lallana and Gilmour (until Moder is back but that is still some time away) If we recall Alzate then I will get a little twitchy!

I suspect at least one of Moises and Alexis will leave with Trossard in the summer unless of course something incredible happens and we hate crash the top four party (it feels weird even writing that not in complete jest).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not saying this guy knows the price, I'm saying the club will have a price in mind and 70 sounds about right.
Why would the club have a price in mind if they don't want to sell in January at any price?

Would seem sensible, given where we are, that they don't sell anyone in January and then have a couple of different plans for the summer; a more likely one if we don't get into Europe and a very different looking one if we do.

Even within those parameters each offer is different. What are the add ons? Player in exchange? Loan in exchange? "70 million" is nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here