Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No they’re not. They’re 100% necessary or a naive kid like Caicedo for example would get absolutely rinsed by clubs throughout his career.

Nation states, greedy club owners and the media are the scourge of world football. And Crystal Palace.
???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No he’s not
Yup.

He is a utility player:

IMG_3049.jpeg

But perhaps of all the players at the club now, only March would play the RW better?

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
The way I read the developing story, Ajax aren't pissed off and wanting to punish Brighton - we did everything correctly by negotiating a price with them first.

But other teams coming in and getting into his ear (Man United/Arsenal) and Chelsea agreeing terms without putting in a bid, have dragged out the saga when they want to put it to bed. I don't blame them for being pissed off.

I doubt they'd look to punish Brighton, but surely the ongoing delay will now push us on to other targets.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Chelsea agreeing terms without putting in a bid...
If that's happened, isn't that an illegal approach? Do the footballing authorities no longer care about this stuff happening, or are agents and media now such powerful players in the whole transfer saga that said authorities can do eff-all about it? No wonder the club never say a damn word about any of this until deals are done, inward or outward. Can you imagine Albion putting out a social media post like the example on here from Ajax?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
If that's happened, isn't that an illegal approach? Do the footballing authorities no longer care about this stuff happening, or are agents and media now such powerful players in the whole transfer saga that said authorities can do eff-all about it? No wonder the club never say a damn word about any of this until deals are done, inward or outward. Can you imagine Albion putting out a social media post like the example on here from Ajax?
That’s not Ajax’s official Twitter - it’s a fan.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I don't see how the player being stubborn about personal terms translates into a higher fee.

Ajax can go f*** themselves.
Calm down!

That’ll be for other bids this window... not ours. Ajax are purely forcing the players hand. If indeed any of this internet guff is even remotely true.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well, this is one potential signing, given the likely record fee, I’m very glad isn’t going to happen… If it ever was, all along this has felt very like we were/are being used to advertise the latest ‘hot’ property.

Not a great feeling at all.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I didn't realise a release clause was time limited. I could understand Ajax wanting the cash asap given that they were stuffed by it but to impose conditions seems strange. Does it being triggered once mean that it has gone? All someone else has to do is bid the same and see if matey will sign.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Correct! It happens all the time. Point of agents I guess. Why would a club bother making a bid unless they felt a deal was possible in the first place? Unless a club directly taps up to unsettle a player absolutely not for sale (as in the Ashley Cole case), then there is no chance of clubs submitting a complaint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here