Mo farah is a legend

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Sky making up for their lack of Olympic coverage, now running a piece about how Sky invented the "MoBot" celebration !

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Came to this country as a kid and could barely speak the language. He has gone on to become the most successful British distance runner ever.

European Champion. World Champion. Olympic Champion.

Sounds like a legend to me. I think he's brilliant.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
In his field I'm sure but not yet a legend for me. Legends are people that the world will talk of in 100 years time.

For me that is Bradman, Ali, maybe Warne, Pele, maybe Messi, maybe Roger Bannister, maybe Bolt but not sure in 100 years time Mo will be talked of. That is no disrespect to him either but legend is a very exclusive club.

Possibly also people like Frosby (as in the Frosby flop in high jump) as innovators of sport who started to do things that everyone copied

Fosbury. (obviously wasn't enough of a legend for you to remember his name).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Have you just seen John Inverdale checking out Denise Lewis's arse in the studio as Mo crossed the finishing line!

Well, quite...

Screen shot 2012-08-12 at 00.24.47.png

but he missed a trick here...

Screen shot 2012-08-12 at 00.29.28.png

Last edited:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Can he challenge Bradley Wiggins for Sports Personality of the Year or has 'Wiggo' still got it in the bag?

Last edited:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Mo Farrah IS A LEGEND end of.
When you win double Olympic gold.
When you win those golds at gruelling long distance.
When you win those gruelling races and beat the Africans in the process.
The man brought me close to tears tonight. He can only go on to cement his legendary status in further olympics, but a legend he is.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As others have said, Sports Personality is a sideshow. But since it's a sideshow that will be happening, I don't think anyone would argue with a Wiggins/Farah/Ennis 1-2-3.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mo had the whole country shouting and screaming at the tellybox tonight, gave people a sense of pride in our country, and showed humility and class when winning.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As others have said, Sports Personality is a sideshow. But since it's a sideshow that will be happening, I don't think anyone would argue with a Wiggins/Farah/Ennis 1-2-3.

I agree, but from next Saturday onwards it's ten months non-stop of the kiss the badge mercenaries on our back pages.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Will be an interesting one won't it? Hoy must have a good shout for the top 3 and the sailor whose name inexplicably escapes me at the moment.

People text in their votes don't they? Wouldn't be surprised if people went for Murray !!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree, but from next Saturday onwards it's ten months non-stop of the kiss the badge mercenaries on our back pages.

Indeed. I wonder if they realise how far their stock has fallen in relative terms (almost certainly not).

That said, as we know honour and courage does exist in football, you just have to look a bit harder. I was at the Peterhead v Rangers game today (great occasion BTW), the part-timers did themselves and their town proud against a team packed with internationals, earning 10 times what they are on.

IanH

9sept1978
Nov 6, 2010
She did on James cordon's League of their own, which is on Sky so everyone is right, or spinning it to the own benefit.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Just watching his interview on TV.

Hopefully, Mo together with Jessica Ennis, will be a major influence on "normal" kids (e.g. not those with access to elite sports) to "inspire a generation" and create the much heralded "legacy" from this Games. People like Bolt will also help internationally. Our Athletics set-up needs to grasp the opportunity to re-establish itself on the world stage in the coming years.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
We were at the Olympic Park today to see the the Handball bronze match, and passed the BBC studios(Containers that reminded me of Withers!) -a crowd was gathering waiting for Mo to finish his TV interview and go downstairs to be interviewed on Radio 2 by Chris Evans,an area which is open to viewing by the public.This made my Olympics to be able to see Mo displaying both his Gold Medals and doing the Mobot to an adoring crowd-such a nice eloquent gentleman,Mo that is not Chris Evans!!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Mo Farah has been the highlight of the Olympics for me. Bolt has smashed it, team GB have done us all proud but Mo Farah's face when crossing the line in the 5000 meters will be the image I remember! Just something about the guy, thoroughly likeable chap, I'd go as far as to say I love him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mo Farah has been the highlight of the Olympics for me. Bolt has smashed it, team GB have done us all proud but Mo Farah's face when crossing the line in the 5000 meters will be the image I remember! Just something about the guy, thoroughly likeable chap, I'd go as far as to say I love him.

I loved the line about how his wife is expecting twins next week and they now have a medal each.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just watching his interview on TV.

Hopefully, Mo together with Jessica Ennis, will be a major influence on "normal" kids (e.g. not those with access to elite sports) to "inspire a generation" and create the much heralded "legacy" from this Games. People like Bolt will also help internationally. Our Athletics set-up needs to grasp the opportunity to re-establish itself on the world stage in the coming years.

Without being too personal, should we dump Pork Pies as a nation ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports