Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo farah is a legend

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In his field I'm sure but not yet a legend for me. Legends are people that the world will talk of in 100 years time.

For me that is Bradman, Ali, maybe Warne, Pele, maybe Messi, maybe Roger Bannister, maybe Bolt but not sure in 100 years time Mo will be talked of. That is no disrespect to him either but legend is a very exclusive club.

Possibly also people like Frosby (as in the Frosby flop in high jump) as innovators of sport who started to do things that everyone copied

I bet you are a riot at parties.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
In his field I'm sure but not yet a legend for me. Legends are people that the world will talk of in 100 years time.

For me that is Bradman, Ali, maybe Warne, Pele, maybe Messi, maybe Roger Bannister, maybe Bolt but not sure in 100 years time Mo will be talked of. That is no disrespect to him either but legend is a very exclusive club.

Possibly also people like Frosby (as in the Frosby flop in high jump) as innovators of sport who started to do things that everyone copied

There is an awful lot in what you say,i believe Bolt has already called himself a legend (?) the radio has been all over Bolt as the greatest athlete of all time,just how do you figure that out ? Which ever sport you look at it all comes down to facts i/time/goals/wickets etc. For Bannister fits the remit,maybe Borg but i get your drift.

Feb 14, 2010
Well El P as you ask, I will be popping up West for a few cocktails at about 12 tonight then onto a club with a nice young Eastern European girl.. how about yourself, big night planned in the provinces..?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
HOLY SHIT did anyone just see the womens 800m race? The girl (?) that just came second looked like a beast. Is it possible for men to pretend to be women? Coz that sure looked more like a bloke!!!!

Maybe they should put her career on hold and carry out some tests?

Regarding Mo, wow, just wow. It looked so easy, like he was just having a laugh, going back and forward in the pack, tapping his mate on the back then decided to sit at the front and anyone tried overtaking he just casually moved up a gear and stayed ahead. Brilliant stuff

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Mo's missus looks as though she's ready to get the rollling pin out when she get's him home - could be the fastest chase round the kitchen in domestic history.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well El P as you ask, I will be popping up West for a few cocktails at about 12 tonight then onto a club with a nice young Eastern European girl.. how about yourself, big night planned in the provinces..?

Joy Division tribute band for me WCP. Now that Ian Curtis, he is a legend!

Feb 14, 2010
The best thing is watching all the Daily Mail reader types cheering on a guy called Mohamed...oh the irony. Gladto see he didnt feel the need to be bullied into singing that Royalist song when on the podium. When can we celebrate our hard won fought freedom from monarchy and dictatorships by dropping that song. Maybe Mohamed is a Leveller as well as a great runner..

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
A0C-DJgCAAApR51.jpg

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Mo's missus looks as though she's ready to get the rollling pin out when she get's him home - could be the fastest chase round the kitchen in domestic history.

:lolol: Yes she wasnt sharing the glory was she!

For those questioning Mo's legendary status by the way, its gold medal x 2 and he is also the only person to have beaten The Cube! So surely that makes him a legend!??????

:lolol:

And what an informed commentary on the race from Steve Cram and Brendan Foster - with not a single bit of bigging up their own athletics careers. Both are Olympic medalists and world record holders, who have no compunction in conceding that Farah's performances are the greatest they've ever seen from a British athlete.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The best thing is watching all the Daily Mail reader types cheering on a guy called Mohamed...oh the irony. Gladto see he didnt feel the need to be bullied into singing that Royalist song when on the podium. When can we celebrate our hard won fought freedom from monarchy and dictatorships by dropping that song. Maybe Mohamed is a Leveller as well as a great runner..

Oh dear oh dear!:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fantastic race, I was worried that he was going to get passed in the home straight but not a bit of it.
Likewise. Genius.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here