Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Mizzy: Tik Tok sensation or a d***head?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
All the time he is getting column inches from the media then he is going to keep doing what he is doing.

The only media story I want to hear about him is that he "pranked" the wrong person and they put him into orbit.
"Mizzy, real name Bacari-Bronze O'Garro, was riding a green Lime e-bike on 15 June 2022, when he snatched the device from a woman's hand in central London."

So this happened nearly 2 years ago, before being jailed for his "pranks" - Does he actually still do any? or is it the usual read a headline and jump to a conclusion without bothering to actually read the article?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
All the time he is getting column inches from the media then he is going to keep doing what he is doing.
He'll also keep doing it because, for some sodding reason, people want to watch him doing it.

Plus there's a whole other discussion to be had around the responsibility that social media platforms have to ensure their platform isn't being used maliciously. And I'm pretty sure they're all f**king terrible at that part of the job.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"Mizzy, real name Bacari-Bronze O'Garro, was riding a green Lime e-bike on 15 June 2022, when he snatched the device from a woman's hand in central London."

So this happened nearly 2 years ago, before being jailed for his "pranks" - Does he actually still do any? or is it the usual read a headline and jump to a conclusion without bothering to actually read the article?
Does he still commit crimes and film them?

Now he’s 18 and can get into serious trouble? Probably not. But I don’t know for sure

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The only relevant thing about the date is the shocking amount of time it seems to take to convict a petty criminal in Tory Britain.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I've no idea. I couldn't care less what he's been up to in the last couple of years. I choose him not to be on my radar. I wouldn't have known about this had someone not posted it on here. The fact that they have (and I'm not digging out that person) means that he is still relevant enough for the media to bother with him. There must be hundreds of mobile phones nicked in London on a daily basis it's only a news story worthy of BBC coverage because it was him that did it.

He was a **** when he was doing his "pranks" that showed no remorse because it was just "bantz". Tell that to the victims of his, lets call it what they are, crimes. When they finally caught up with him he played the race card which makes him a bigger **** IMO.

So to answer your last question is yes I read the article and the conclusion I came to is that my opinion of the little scroat hasn't changed.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The only relevant thing about the date is the shocking amount of time it seems to take to convict a petty criminal in Tory Britain.
Always used to be that for offenses like these, they used to only issue a Police caution or it was often deemed not to be in the public interest to bother to even bring a case like this to court (in years gone by, including under previous Governments) and the offender got off scot-free.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Always used to be that for offenses like these, they used to only issue a Police caution or it was often deemed not to be in the public interest to bother to even bring a case like this to court (in years gone by, including under previous Governments) and the offender got off scot-free.
Don't worry, Theresa May's genius idea was to not even declare a crime if the amount taken is under £200, leading to organised gangs stripping convenience shops and mini supermarkets of approximately £190 worth of gear each. Normally the OB don't even turn up. So there are still a good number of organised criminals getting off scot free :thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Don't worry, Theresa May's genius idea was to not even declare a crime if the amount taken is under £200, leading to organised gangs stripping convenience shops and mini supermarkets of approximately £190 worth of gear each. Normally the OB don't even turn up. So there are still a good number of organised criminals getting off scot free :thumbsup:
FYI - That used to happen long before Theresa may came to power

For example, in the 90's, C&A in Brighton lost more in stock at wholesale price than they made in profit for the year on the goods sold, so they went bust. People would go in and take armfuls of clothing and walk out of there (there was the social commentary then that business was bad / exploits the poor, etc that we still have, and that they can afford to lose stick to theft as it's a victimless crime... etc... - not that the staff that lost their jobs would agree, or the other shoppers who have better morals than to steal that had to subsidise those thefts through higher prices, etc...)

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

My take from the BBC article was that the dude was mugging as well as "pranking" , no idea if he has given either or both up .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here