Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mixed feelings

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is what grates with me on sports radio and tv. They’re very quick to say one win in 8, but not to say only lost 1 out of the last 9. Our injury list is ignored whilst we should all sympathise with Newcastle.
I said yesterday Howe has a real issue playing away from home, how long the Saudis will put with it who knows.
As far as the media are concerned it’s all about the bigger clubs we get the occasional pat on the head if we beat a big boy or achieve European football.
People complain about coverage on MOTD although would I want to hear ten minutes of how Fulham or Wolves won not really same as other fans think about us I would imagine.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is what grates with me on sports radio and tv. They’re very quick to say one win in 8, but not to say only lost 1 out of the last 9. Our injury list is ignored whilst we should all sympathise with Newcastle.
I don't think that's actually fair - they tend to frame it in the context of the last result. So our last result was perceived as a bad one, it's "one win in eight", but after Brentford it was "one defeat in eight" or whatever.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I welcome the comments from the OP. However, most of us had read the march report before the game started. Burnley, bottom 3, 10 shots to 1, scrape a draw. Back in the day the Argus could have printed it's evening edition at midday and recyled a picture from another game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here