Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mixed feelings

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
I apologize to everyone for my undue interference.

I am a football lover.

I'm not very young.

My English is poor.

I'm sorry for bothering you with my little interventions.

I just watched a football match and expressed my point of view.

Is there anything offensive about this?

I am rooting for De Zerbi because he is a democratic person who takes the weak and the defeated to heart and tries to lift them up.

This is my last post here.

I'm sorry to leave so many intelligent people.

Buona fortuna.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ju

I am a football lover.

I'm not very young.

My English is poor.

I am rooting for De Zerbi because he is a democratic person who takes the weak and the defeated to heart and tries to lift them up.

Buona fortuna.
Just saw that after my post.... I don't think your comments were too far adrift...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I am a football lover.

I'm not very young.

My English is poor.

Buona fortuna.
Don't be silly. Your posts are very welcome here. Ignore the responses, it's just the NSC way :shrug:
Keep posting! :cheers:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

I am a football lover.

I'm not very young.

My English is poor.

Buona fortuna.
I wouldn't worry too much about some of the replies, I think its admirable that you have made the effort.
Many of your comments have some substance and discussion is a good thing, keep going.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We very rarely got into positions where we had number advantages in attack . Even with great football to avoid a press we then took longer with the next pass and e enabled Burnley to get their 2 banks of 4 set .

There was no way Burnley are good enough to put in a complete 90 min organised performance and indeed they made a huge mistake before they scored which we didn’t punish .

Conceding when we did was a nightmare as just encouraged their game plan

We played well after we scored to create the opportunities we did but the clock was always against us .

Was a pretty horrible watch for a lot of that but it wasn’t a total shock to witness it
While I am disappointed with the result. First half was very poor. Second half was better and we really should have won. We didn't , but there is just so much talent coming through plus injured players returning, f**k knows how RDZ picks a starting 11.
Still a good watch though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
While I am disappointed with the result. First half was very poor. Second half was better and we really should have won. We didn't , but there is just so much talent coming through plus injured players returning, f**k knows how RDZ picks a starting 11.
Still a good watch though.
Starting with his strongest 11 would probably help

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I am guessing that on yesterday's showing "Lallana: Good in triangulations around the penalty area, but communicates with the void around him." translates to "Too slow , can't pick a pass, please take me off I'm shot". :ROFLMAO:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I watched the match on streaming. Good streaming, no freezes. Sky Italia did not broadcast it live.

Some of my impressions watching the match.

We always seem to be joking in the first half. Like someone who wants to face an opponent equipped with a saber with foil.

Players who are slaves to the system, especially in the defensive phase. You can do this with the big six, because they are inclined to attack you and impose their game.

With the "small" teams we are destined to succumb, especially due to their physical aggression.

Our technical rate is low level. I'm not talking about knowing how to stop the ball, but how to get past the man and put the ball in the middle as quickly as possible.

With the human material we have at our disposal, it would be too much if we managed to save ourselves and not be relegated.

RDZ is working wonders.

Have you noticed how the ball moves faster when you are one or two goals down?

Dahoud: not good, too slow. He gives the impression of someone who ended up there by chance. Not very good in construction and even less in the defensive phase.

Baleba: the boy promises well, a sort of Caicedo, but RDZ is not using him well. The role of libero is not for him (the real liberos were Gaetano Scirea and Franco Baresi, to name a few, and not to mention Beckembauer or Kroll).

Milner: he puts in the effort, but perhaps he is too limited in terms of age and technical ability.

Lallana: Good in triangulations around the penalty area, but communicates with the void around him.

Ferguson: not yet a true center forward, especially when he doesn't get playable balls. He must improve in defending the ball also to help the team move forward.

Gross: immense, as always.

Adingra: not always continuous, but often dangerous.

Gilmour: Indispensable. He is the only one (along with Gross) who knows how to see ahead and conduct the orchestra.

Igor: impossible to give up on him. Good technique and very good and calm in construction. If RDZ is thinking about a libero, Igor would be my first choice.

Pedro: He's not my first choice, I wouldn't have spent so much money on him. Yesterday was good though.
I enjoyed reading your analysis. It's always good to hear some neutral thoughts.

Because we're doing well at the moment our fans have a happy-clapper mentality (not sure how well that will translate!). Any hint of criticism, no matter how constructive, seems to upset some people.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I am a football lover.

I'm not very young.

My English is poor.

Buona fortuna.
Now look what you’ve all done

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Piss off and mind your own business

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

I am a football lover.

I'm not very young.

My English is poor.

Buona fortuna.
Assuming you have watched a few streams of English matches in Italy, what is your unbiased view of the quality of referees and VAR officials in the Premier League? It would be interesting to get someone else’s opinion.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The avoiding relegation talk shouldn't be dismisssed out of hand. Yes, its far fetched, and yes, the 5 wins from the first 6 games will keep us up, but the 11 points from 10 games since is definitely bottom 5 form over a season and until we get players back from injury is there much to suggest we won't continue in this vein? Its not even the hardest run, it includes 6 of the other 9 teams in the bottom half of the form table.

I expect that once we're out of Europe and have players back we'll improve markedly, but it's been a decent fixture list so far with 9 home and 7 away, and 6 of those 9 home games against bottom half sides. Or put it another way, it will get harder, only 4 of our remaining 22 games are at home against current bottom half teams. An opportunity to have more points on the board perhaps lost.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here