Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mixed feelings

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
I watched the match on streaming. Good streaming, no freezes. Sky Italia did not broadcast it live.

Some of my impressions watching the match.

We always seem to be joking in the first half. Like someone who wants to face an opponent equipped with a saber with foil.

Players who are slaves to the system, especially in the defensive phase. You can do this with the big six, because they are inclined to attack you and impose their game.

With the "small" teams we are destined to succumb, especially due to their physical aggression.

Our technical rate is low level. I'm not talking about knowing how to stop the ball, but how to get past the man and put the ball in the middle as quickly as possible.

With the human material we have at our disposal, it would be too much if we managed to save ourselves and not be relegated.

RDZ is working wonders.

Have you noticed how the ball moves faster when you are one or two goals down?

Dahoud: not good, too slow. He gives the impression of someone who ended up there by chance. Not very good in construction and even less in the defensive phase.

Baleba: the boy promises well, a sort of Caicedo, but RDZ is not using him well. The role of libero is not for him (the real liberos were Gaetano Scirea and Franco Baresi, to name a few, and not to mention Beckembauer or Kroll).

Milner: he puts in the effort, but perhaps he is too limited in terms of age and technical ability.

Lallana: Good in triangulations around the penalty area, but communicates with the void around him.

Ferguson: not yet a true center forward, especially when he doesn't get playable balls. He must improve in defending the ball also to help the team move forward.

Gross: immense, as always.

Adingra: not always continuous, but often dangerous.

Gilmour: Indispensable. He is the only one (along with Gross) who knows how to see ahead and conduct the orchestra.

Igor: impossible to give up on him. Good technique and very good and calm in construction. If RDZ is thinking about a libero, Igor would be my first choice.

Pedro: He's not my first choice, I wouldn't have spent so much money on him. Yesterday was good though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Imho it was the tale of two Albion’s, poor until circa 68th minute. Then we woke up!

Partly due to RDZ, but there are injuries.

Baleba didn’t work because it left us short in CM, their 25 could waltz past slower opponents.

Pedro isn’t a left winger.

Lallana’s age showing with his decision making and radar off.

Mitoma and Igor were class, Gilmour played well, we went up the gears. everything changed. But too late.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We very rarely got into positions where we had number advantages in attack . Even with great football to avoid a press we then took longer with the next pass and e enabled Burnley to get their 2 banks of 4 set .

There was no way Burnley are good enough to put in a complete 90 min organised performance and indeed they made a huge mistake before they scored which we didn’t punish .

Conceding when we did was a nightmare as just encouraged their game plan

We played well after we scored to create the opportunities we did but the clock was always against us .

Was a pretty horrible watch for a lot of that but it wasn’t a total shock to witness it

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hi ChatGPT. Please create me a summary of a football game with random phrases like human materials and construction
I suspect English is not the first language of the OP and google translate might be more to blame. 🙂

Apart from the weird lexicon and comments about relegation, the OP pointed out many of the issues that most of us were talking about yesterday so can’t really see the harm. My only issue is why after every match we have 20 new threads dissecting and analysing various aspects of how we played - surely a Post-Match Analysis thread would cover most of it?

( Apart from POVs on VAR/Ref’s management of the match of course, that always deserves a new thread of it’s own :wink:)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Imho it was the tale of two Albion’s, poor until circa 68th minute. Then we woke up!

Partly due to RDZ, but there are injuries.

Baleba didn’t work because it left us short in CM, their 25 could waltz past slower opponents.

Pedro isn’t a left winger.

Lallana’s age showing with his decision making and radar off.

Mitoma and Igor were class, Gilmour played well, we went up the gears. everything changed. But too late.
They were, but I’d like Mitoma to try and go outside more, because at the moment his first inclination is to look inside and good teams defensively will always have numbers in that area.

If he changes the ratio of inside to outside, and forces teams to rethink their approach, then the option to drive inside will work more.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
They were, but I’d like Mitoma to try and go outside more, because at the moment his first inclination is to look inside and good teams defensively will always have numbers in that area.

If he changes the ratio of inside to outside, and forces teams to rethink their approach, then the option to drive inside will work more.
I think it’s confidence . He tried outside a few times and it didn’t work and I’ve noticed when this happens he is very reluctant to try it again . The best hope on the outside is when he uses his pace over 10 metres to get to the byline and get it in . Mitoma is a confidence player . When he is matched with a right back that does better than him in the first few tackles it seems to effect him mentally .

If he flys past the rb first dual then he grows from it

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
RDZ is doing wonders and we're punching well above out weight but we do not have a relegation level squad.
In terms of £££ spent and salary budget - yes we do.

In terms of uncovering absolute gems and having an academy fast becoming the envy of the footballing world, no we don’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here