Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitoma v White

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
White played like Arsenal fans have a chant namechecking him as, Benny White...

...oh.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Felt a bit sorry for him. Loved him when he was here, and with 50 in the bank for his services we can’t complain. Trossard’s upgrade has done him time and time again. Feel a bit sorry for Trossard as well………
and repeat

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Third round stoppage.
it was all too much for Ben

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Felt a bit sorry for him. Loved him when he was here, and with 50 in the bank for his services we can’t complain. Trossard’s upgrade has done him time and time again. Feel a bit sorry for Trossard as well………
and repeat
Not sure White or Trossard gave us a second thought. They took the money and the ambition, or so they thought. So **** em!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Not sure White or Trossard gave us a second thought. They took the money and the ambition, or so they thought. So **** em!
Yep, **** em. Sorry for them as they could have stayed at a better club. Sad that they couldn’t see it, and chased the dollar, but their loss

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Whilst it was great to see Mitoma terrorising White, he really didn't do much with the ball beyond that. His decision-making and final ball was about as poor as I can remember it.
The hold up for Perv’s overlap leading to the first goal, and him squaring up and skinning White for Enciso to blaze over. Otherwise his final ball was generally not great. He had a good game overall I thought, as did everyone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The hold up for Perv’s overlap leading to the first goal, and him squaring up and skinning White for Enciso to blaze over. Otherwise his final ball was generally not great. He had a good game overall I thought, as did everyone.
Yeah - his standout play was the pullback for Enciso who really should have done better.

He had a similar one in another recent game (Man Utd?) - beat his man outside and pulled back for Ali Mac who should have shot first time. He took a touch though and his effort was blocked as a result.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah - his standout play was the pullback for Enciso who really should have done better.

He had a similar one in another recent game (Man Utd?) - beat his man outside and pulled back for Ali Mac who should have shot first time. He took a touch though and his effort was blocked as a result.
I think despite the end product not being great, it was that “fear of god” aspect which freed up space for others which really helped. It dragged Saka back where he really didn’t want to be to double up, because every time he was isolated against White it was squeaky bum time for them.

If we get that level of performance every week he will score or assist very often by sheer numbers of opportunities created.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
My pic from amongst the home fans.
Taxi for Mr White! (which I thought, but didn't say funnily enough)

DSC01834.JPG

Whilst it was great to see Mitoma terrorising White, he really didn't do much with the ball beyond that. His decision-making and final ball was about as poor as I can remember it.
You must have missed his decision not to take it right to the byeline for the cross as he loves to do, instead making this superb pass for the rapidly advancing Pervis....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You must have missed his decision not to take it right to the byeline for the cross as he loves to do, instead making this superb pass for the rapidly advancing Pervis....
View attachment 160985

No, I saw it and remember it well. I did wonder if it would be thrown back at me, and it has twice now.

But this thread was about him roasting White which, on that occasion, he didn't. Nice awareness from Mitoma and understanding between the two - the sort of thing we used to see from Bruno and Knockaert.

But the times he did get by his man he then often seemed to run down a bit of a blind alley.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Careful what you wish for. Mitoma is far from perfect and that is one of the reasons he is still here. As I am sure the stats will bear me out, he is one of the most dangerous wide players in the PL and is one of the main reasons we are so far up the league. Plenty of goals and assists this year I believe. If and when he goes he will be irreplaceable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here