Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitoma v White

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Mitoma skins international full backs time after time, from a standing start.
Everyone knows what he’s going to do, including the defender, but he can’t be stopped.
I struggle to think of players in Premier League history who can do what he does, so often. Ronaldo springs to mind.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was poor for the first goal White. Looked to be making little effort to me. As I’ve always said about him - very good footballer, poor defender.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Huge blunder by arrogant Arteta.

Teams this calendar year have in the main been doubling up on Mitoma.
And with such an effective winger, typical tactics would be for their fullback to remain a bit deeper as they’re not going to get as much cover - not a bit of it, despite Saka being their main threat White was often staring at the twin threats of Mitoma AND Estupinan. We completely destroyed their right hand side, arguably where they have been most potent this season.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
He was poor for the first goal White. Looked to be making little effort to me. As I’ve always said about him - very good footballer, poor defender.
This. Potter spotted it and only played him in a three, so Dunk and Webster could do the dirty work, or in midfield. Arteta let him get bullied as a pure centre back the whole of his first season at Arsenal.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Dreadful decision making by RDZ. Just imagine if he'd started Mitoma on the left. We'd have spanked them so hard that we'd have caught up with Newcastle's goal difference.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
White always looks like he'd rather be on a sun bed or having another tattoo done. He gives the impression that he doesn't really like football but it pays well.

Even if he was still with us, I'd still prefer Veltman and would be looking to upgrade next season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here